Registered Nursing Director of Labor/Delivery
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of OB/Nursery/L&D
*This opportunity will require relocation for candidates not in South STL. *
*Relocation incentive and Sig-On Bonus Included*
- The Director directs and coordinates all unit operations, acting as a liaison between the nursing unit and other departments, physicians, administration, and hospital patients. This role is responsible for all personnel assigned to the unit, capital and operational budgets, general policies, and compliance with accrediting agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that performance appraisals are completed within time frames.
- Develops staff performance through consistent feedback regarding performance. Works with department leadership staff to develop staff skills and abilities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates methods to ensure effective and efficient use of staff, facilities, equipment, and other resources while maintaining patient care standards.
- Oversees new employee departmental orientation coordination utilizing the performance-based development system. Ensures competency through skill validations and continuous performance evaluation and review.
- Ensures the department meets or exceeds all state, federal, Joint Commission, and specialty licensing/accreditation regulations and standards. Able to initiate process changes necessary to maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field required.
- Work Experience
- Minimum three years of clinical experience required. Two or more years of management or supervisory experience preferred.
- RN License in Missouri or Compact State
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Obstetrics, Management, Director, Labor and Delivery, Nursing, Neonatal, Resuscitation Program (NRP), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Fetal, Monitoring, Nursing, Patient Safety, Inpatient Care, Hospitals, Patient Education, Healthcare Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Acute Care, Obstetrics Patient, Advocacy Healthcare Management, Postpartum Nursing, Medical-Surgical Medication Administration
If you are interested please email an updated copy of your resume to:
Kara Scherff | Senior Recruiter
Keywords: Women's Services, Women's, Obstetrics, Women's and Children's, Women's and Children, OB, Labor & Delivery, Labor and Delivery, L&D, L & D, Maternal Child, Maternity, Perinatal, Women's Health, Women's Service Line, Women's and Family Services, Postpartum, MCH, Family Birth, Child Birth, Mom/Baby, Mom and Baby, Mom & Baby, M&B, M & B, Womens, Womens Services, Womens and Childrens, Womens and Children, Womens Health, Womens Service Line, Womens and Family Services
AddressSaint Louis, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at MLee Healthcare
Get fresh RN Don jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.