Field Service Technician - Utilities
- Posted: over a month ago
ML Cranes & Equipment is a trusted Utility field service provider and has established a reputation for delivering field service excellence. This is demonstrated daily
by working alongside the Utility fleet and Crane Industry, within the technician’s assigned territory.
ML Cranes & Equipment is seeking qualified FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS - UTILITY and CRANES, to support its Service Operations at various customer locations in the Eastern Maryland and the Baltimore, Maryland region. We are seeking goal-oriented, self-directed Field Service Technician who can operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects and define needed repairs.
The Field Service Technician will diagnose, repair and maintain all necessary customer equipment, including but not limited to: bucket trucks, diggers, truck cranes, boom trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager
- Utilize great technical skill to perform hydraulic and electronic tests, also using J-Pro computer programming for a variety diagnostic testing and parameter
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Analyze and utilize schematic diagrams and technical manuals.
- Utilize strong organizational and customer service skills to order parts and provide quotes for clients. Display a professional attitude and respect working relationships among co-workers at all times.
- Keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributors
- Brings to the attention of the Service Manager any additional work required on unit or visible signs of damage.
- Actively supports safety policy, goals, and objectives plus uses sound environmental practices.
- Each employee is accountable for utilizing sound judgment and safe practices to prevent injuries.
- Able to manage and be held accountable for all truck related inventory
- RESPONSIBLE for all company owned tools, equipment and vehicles in his care or possession treating all as if they were their own!
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor as well as with other technician’s on assigned jobs and tasks.
- Must work as a teammate with Service Writer to insure all documentation and paperwork is complete.
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, electrical systems, hazardous materials, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels.
Appropriate PPE gear must be worn as required.
- Occasional overtime is required and is dependent on meeting our customers’ needs
- Must be able to complete and submit all necessary paperwork at the completion of each service job per company guidelines.
- Must adhere to company and regulated standards for required paperwork related to all job functions.
- This position requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, pushing, climbing, lifting, balancing, moving and reaching overhead and working overhead
- Ability to lift up to 90+ lbs. and work inside and outdoors in various climates, temperatures, and/or adverse conditions.
- A post-offer WorkSTEPs physical is required
COMPUTER and MOBILE PHONE SKILLS
- Proficient computer and printing skills are required the use of a laptop or desktop computer as well as including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Proficient in using mobile phone applications, that are necessary to perform the job related paperwork.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma preferred; Trade School or other experience is a plus
- Previous experience as a Utility fleet Equipment Mechanic/Technician is required
- Strong knowledge in Hydraulic and Electrical repair
- Continuing education with verifiable credits from Manufacturer's technical schools or training programs is preferred
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to ongoing training, both internal and from our vendor partners
- Must be able to successfully hold certifications for MSHA, First Aid/ CPR, etc.
- Qualified utility inspector a plus
ML Cranes & Equipment offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits to include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, Disability Insurance, HSA/FSA, 401(k) + Company Match, Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
Selected candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screen along with a post-offer background check, MVR and WorkSTEPs physical. Must obtain a DOT Medical Certification (a Class A CDL is NOT require)
ML Cranes & Equipment and ML Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ML Utilities Fleet Solutions
EngineeringView all jobs at ML Utilities Fleet Solutions