Senior Web Developer
MKS2 Sunnyvale, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering, and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our “Mission First” orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. Headquartered in Austin, TX we have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
A little about MKS2- Founded in 2008, MKS2 Technologies has helped Federal government customers design, implement, and sustain mission-focused IT solutions focusing on cyber security support, enterprise application development, and instructional design and training. MKS2 is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Austin, Texas, with regional offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Monterey, CA, Portland, ME, and Washington, D.C.
Our full-time staff works on Federal services contracts in 27 states and the District of Columbia to provide mission-critical support to the Department of Veterans Affairs, The U.S. Army, and the U.S. Navy.
Web Developer, Senior Professional
What does an exceptional Web Developer do?
As a Web Developer, you will be a part of small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and Android client applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. An exceptional Web Developer merges wisdom in the field of web development with a teaching mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of web applications. You will work closely with in-house web designers and product owners to develop, implement, and maintain custom designed web-based applications for internal Clover teams and external partners.
As a Web Developer you can look forward to:
- Building enhancements to web applications based upon customer needs, fixes and repairs display or functionality issues.
- Ensuring applications are accessible from a variety of different browser environments.
- Performing end user testing to ensure the user experience is consistent in all supported web browsers.
- Overseeing all web features are coded accurately and deployed on time.
- Meeting deadlines, handle multiple projects, and work well in a team environment is a requirement.
- Providing feedback on planned product release and ensure the planned features for the current release are taken on respecting technical dependencies.
- Assisting in identifying and implementing designs and usability practices that help increase customer productivity and happiness.
- Reviewing user interface designs and changes made to the product.
- Hands on developing and resolving of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
- Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
- Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing
- Being highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web developers.
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelors degree required, related technology discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with frontend framework such as react, ember, backbone, vue.js, etc.
- 4-7+ years of experience with modern web UI technologies (HTML5, CSS3)
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience writing tests; such as MochaJS and Selenium
- Experience with Cypress framework for automation testing
- Some exposure to CSS precompilers, such as Sass or Less
- Complex API interactions from single page application frontend.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, and partial page updates.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MKS2Why Work Here?
One of America's fastest growing companies. Ranked #92 on Inc 5000
Founded in 2008, MKS2 Technologies is a technology business providing services to the Federal Government and commercial clients. At MKS2 Technologies, we help our clients define their Mission, we use existing and new domain Knowledge, we formulate new client Strategies, and then we implement Solutions.
TechnologyView all jobs at MKS2