- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our "Mission First" orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Come join our team as an on-site Systems Administrator! $45,000 - 50,000 with benefits, PTO, holidays, and 401K!
MUST HAVE: Computer Science/IT or STEM related Bachelor's Degree and 1+ year of experience, OR 8+ years of relevant IT experience in lieu of degree.
As an onsite Systems Administrator on our project, you will be supporting the Department of Veterans' Affairs. You'll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in this mission critical network.
This position is located 100% onsite at the Veterans' Administration facilities, including Medical Centers, with daytime hours and potential for evening and/or weekend hours.
- Performing installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting tasks in support of the IT customers. Frequently positioning self to set up and maintain computers and connect/pull cords from under desks and in server closets.
- Performing regular and repetitive unpacking, moving, and installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater with additional assistance).
- Frequently traversing around large VA site campus while transporting equipment to various office buildings.
- Communicating directly with customers on site to diagnose and resolve customer related hardware/software issues utilizing the Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks within Service Now.
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves and changes.
- Installing OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Providing user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.
- Performing software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions.
- Utilizing log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.
- Performing system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement or revision.
- Utilizing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, to include Scripting, McAfee and other VA standard tools.
- Performing inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn in of equipment.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements.
- Performing general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server room as needed.
- Performing asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.
- May occasionally answer door and escort personnel as needed.
- Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge of debugging protocols and processes.
- Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs.
- Experience with maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume or high availability systems.
- Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions
As a COVID 19 consideration, all MKS2 teammates are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status OR an approved exemption from our HR Department.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at MKS2 Technologies
Get fresh Small Business Admin jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.