Staff Server Software Engineer, Java
- Posted: over a month ago
MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our "Mission First" orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
Staff Server Software Engineer, Java
Our Server Application Engineers (Developer Platform squad) are tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product. We build a developer portal where app developers, who integrate with our platform via SDK or Rest APIs, could set up and configure the release of their apps to our merchants. Our engineers work closely with the Infrastructure Team, Product Team, and Design Team. They are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where application features and server improvements are released every other week and bug-fixes are deployed as needed.
On a daily basis, you will spend your time developing new features, investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and time driving testing and creating helpful documentation. We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
As a staff engineer you will mentor and empower junior engineers and work on cross-team and cross-organization projects that impact the wider company.
- Design and implement REST APIs for web clients including our developer dashboard and support 3rd party developers on technical integration with our APIs.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Own your merchant & developer services /features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Mentor and empower team mates and code review
- Plan and design product and software features
- Work with product and design teams to prepare features for junior engineers
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- At least 7 years of experience working on server applications and writing services.
- Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with API design
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and motivated to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Exposure to React and web programming
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting
- Knowledge and experience using ELK stack
- Full Stack experience
As a COVID 19 consideration, all MKS2 teammates are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status OR an approved exemption from our HR Department.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at MKS2 Technologies