Software Deployment and Hardware Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
MKS2 Technologies, LLC, an award-winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Instructional Design and Training, Software Engineering and IT Support Services to improve the security and well-being of our clients. Our commitment to excellence and our "Mission First" orientation has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies. We have employees nationwide and for the past three consecutive years were named one of the fastest growing Veteran-owned companies in the nation. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with MKS2.
$42,000- $50,000 with benefits, PTO, holidays, and 401K
*MUST HAVE Computer Science/IT or STEM-related Bachelors Degree OR 8+ years of relevant IT experience.
As an onsite Software Deployment and Hardware Technician on this project, you will be supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. You will analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in this mission-critical network. This position is located onsite at the Veterans' Administration facilities including Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours.
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting tasks in support of the IT customers.
- Diagnose and resolve customer-related hardware/software issues utilizing the Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks within Service Now.
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves, and changes.
- Install OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades, and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.
- Perform software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions.
- Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement, or revision.
- Utilize Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, including Scripting, McAfee, and other VA standard tools.
- Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal, and/or turn-in of equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions.
- Perform routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements.
- Performs general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep, and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from the server room as needed.
- Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.
- May occasionally answer the door and escort personnel as needed.
The person in this position needs to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings. The position also requires occasional unpacking/moving & installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater with additional assistance). In addition, they may frequently position themselves to maintain computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets.
As a COVID 19 consideration, all MKS2 teammates are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status OR an approved exemption from our HR Department.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: MKS2 Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressBattle Creek, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at MKS2 Technologies