Senior Project Manager - Controls
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Looking for more than just a job? MKD Electric offers careers. Rewarding careers at that! We provide excellent benefits, training, educational opportunities, and promote from within the company.
Powercor is the specialty services division of MKD Electric we are a NICET-certified electrical testing, engineering, controls, and automation company. Our controls and engineering consultants are ready to support organizations providing best-in-class services in electrical testing, system design, electrical engineering, systems integration, commissioning, equipment servicing, and retrofit services.
For over twenty years, we have designed, built, installed, and maintained our clients’ systems, projects, and facilities with a wide range of service offerings. We focus on safety, value, and quality as well as building and maintaining lasting relationships with a variety of national clients in renewables, data centers, oil and gas, food and beverage, manufacturing, chemical, and pharmaceutical fields. Quickly moving into other industries, we are a fast-paced and agile company looking for a best-in-class Senior Project Manager willing to roll up their sleeves and exude a passion for the field.
MKD Electric is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager. As part of this role…
What you will do…
• Provide high-level technical service to all customers, to include engineering support, assist with network topology planning and system controls design functionality.
• Provide customer support and work with the project engineers, other system engineers, end-users, to assist in developing cost-effective methods for an efficient SCADA controls design and system solution. Work with essential/key team members to understand their systems requirements to ensure the correct IP infrastructure, points list, critical alarms, and scaling set points are integrated as designed.
• Knowledge/understanding of HMI system integration concepts and SCADA applications.
• Update company BMS/EPMS standards, specifications, management, philosophies, duties, and responsibilities.
• Work on construction sites, assisting the site controls engineer with BMS system deployments, validations of design and installation, PLC code development & deployment, ventilation, chiller plant alarming, monitoring of feedback associated with valves, fans and controls associated with BMS system and integration.
• Knowledge of SCADA, BMS, and PLC systems and low voltage controls systems and how they operate within the BMS/EPMS umbrella.
• Assist in validating BMS system sequences of operation and alarm points. Validate and provide CX support for system testing and point to point verifications during levels 1 through 5 commissioning.
• Develop and implement QA procedures to ensure quality control performed by others is properly implemented throughout projects.
• Write detailed daily reports pertaining to jobsite milestones related to mechanical engineers and integration on BMS projects.
• Develop ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitter/sensors, along with control valves, positioners, and other types of mechanical instrumentation.
• Perform inspections, testing and commission facility monitoring systems.
• Be willing and able to run a BMS field team.
• Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
What you will need to succeed…
• B.S. in an engineering-related discipline (preferred in mechanical or electrical engineering) or 5 years of field experience.
• Field service experience, preferably with the following programs/software: Rockwell Factory Talk; Tridium; Schneider Electric: Powerlogic/Struxureware; Siemens: Apogee; Ignition: Inductive Automation; Eaton Networks; Field Servers; Jace Controllers; Bacnet; Niagara.
• Minimum 2 years of system integration experience working in a role as a team lead or project manager.
• Ignition certification is a plus.
• Experience in the mission critical data center sector is highly valued.
• Must have a working knowledge with MQTT-Sequel Server-Ignition core protocols.
• Knowledge and experience with the Power User Level of Windows and the associated skillset.
• Understand electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams, control diagrams, prints, MOP-building operations, understanding of electrical theory, chiller control circuits and industrial HVAC systems.
• Solid foundation of all communication protocols-Modbus, Modbus-TCP, etc.
• Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be organized, and have good problem-solving skills.
• Able to manage large scale controls projects, specifications, track project schedules, and customer requirements.
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to lift to 60 pounds independently; lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
• Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
• Requires standing for extended period with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors.
What you’ll love about us…
MKD employees are the company’s greatest assets. To ensure employees are living life to the fullest we offer a wide range of benefits to ensure a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle in the office and at home. From mental wellbeing, physical health, and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting all of the moments that matter. Along with flexible vacation, and parental leave, we prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
• On the job training with fully accredited training programs
• Eligibility to Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and 401K with company match
• Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
• Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career growth & development
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
MKD Electric is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. MKD Electric also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based upon any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
MKD Electric, LLCSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.