Marine Technician- Tommy's Las Vegas
- Posted: over a month ago
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR TOMMY’S?
Tommy’s is a Malibu/Axis boat dealership with a sales department, service center, and wake/surf pro shop. We are located in different locations, including Walloon Lake, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, Golden, CO, Waterford, MI and Clermont, FL, California, Arizona and Nevada.
Tommy’s is offering several exciting positions that are catered toward boating and water sport enthusiasts, and to those with customer-focused backgrounds! Tommy’s employees are our number one asset and we strive to provide our employees with a countless number of benefits that separate us from any other company. Our full time, year-round employees have the opportunity to benefit from the following:
- Access to medical, vision, health, and life insurance
- 401k options after just 90 days of employment
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Discounts on gear
- Boat usage perks
- Travel opportunities
- Employee appreciation outings
- Education/Training/Certification reimbursements
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- Tool reimbursement program
- Boat Use
- Discounted Merchandise
- Appreciation Events
- Casual Enviroment
To complete your application, we would like you to spend 5 to 8 minutes telling us more about yourself using the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. Once you complete this required step, we will gladly review your complete application.
Go to assessment: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/QwLxK
The Marine Technician is responsible for providing expert level service to the Tommy’s team, as well as Tommy’s customers by investigating, diagnosing, and repairing issues with boats in an efficient and accurate manner. Tommy’s Marine Technicians are also responsible for providing Tommy’s customers with exceptional customer service, and ensuring each customer leaves with the desire to come back.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Expertly diagnose a wide variety of issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of marine diagnosis technology
- Assist in the training of new Tommy’s technicians
- Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components
- Repair a variety of boats including inboard, outboard and inboard/outboard, as well as trailers
- Assist in the setup and testing of new boats
- Ability to summarize and winterize boats of all brands
- Be comfortable using a wide range of shop tools and equipment
- Move boats from 19’ – 26’ in length
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a productive member of our team
- Provide our customers with a positive service experience
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Be a problem solver and be willing to tackle anything - Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Provide their own set of hand tools
- Promote the Tommy’s brand
- Any other requests from supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of engines, knowledge of electrical systems, able to haul, load and unload boats up to 26’ in length.
Trailering: ability to trailer boats safely and efficiently, as well as launch them into the water.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing. Be able to work with high net worth individuals at the shop, on the water, or at the customer’s home.
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
Travel: ability to travel to different locations for training and continuous improvements
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities while fully embracing the Simplified Investments Core Values
- Culture is everything. We are authentic and intentional in the way we work and play. Being stodgy has no place here.
- Stab from the front. We are respectful in the way that we hold one another accountable. No games, no hidden agendas.
- Problem solvers. We value smart people who attack problems head-on and with confidence.
- Resiliency. We thrive on change and growth. We pivot when we need to and re-group quickly.
- Humility reigns. Whether engaging with our teams, customers or partners we approach it with the heart of a servant. We are go-givers that believe in creating space for people to grow.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Education/Experience: 2 years of experience in a Technical Repair role preferred
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Trailering: trailering experience required
- Operation of boats: ability to operate a wide range of different boats required
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. The shop can be moderately dirty, in the winters is it colder and in the summer it can be hot. Outdoor work is expected. Work on the water and docks is also expected
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or crouch for extended periods of time and regularly required to walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds on occasion.
TravelView all jobs at MKB Holdings