We are looking for adaptable, driven individuals who desire to be part of a dynamic team with company values centered around teamwork, ownership, and professionalism.
Plan, staff and supervise all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Projects for Specialty Contracts range from $100,000 to $2 million.
- Assist Project Manager with developing and implementing project procedures, schedules, and standards.
- Review the work for conformance with the specifications, acceptable levels of quality, safety, and schedule.
- Determine method of construction, material requirements and equipment.
- Determine the staff needed to maintain the schedule and properly supervise the work.
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise work force and subcontractors; recruits and trains field team members.
- Supervise all phases of the work performed by the Company and its subcontractors.
- Develop/foster relationships with the Architect, Owner, Local Authorities, Building Inspectors, and Subcontractor Representatives.
- Inform the Project Manager of all Owner or Architect requested changes or other conditions which will impact cost or schedule.
- Review and approve all subcontractor, supplier, and miscellaneous material invoices; verify correct subcontract amounts and previous paid, along with quantities, unit price, and extensions.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date files and shop drawings for the field office.
- Notify the Project Manager in a timely fashion with regard to any and all significant problem areas on the project.
- Meet with each subcontractor prior to starting work to review scope and schedule.
- Maintain a clean, orderly site which will be conductive to a safe and productive job.
- Prepare punch lists prior to the Architect’s walk through; verify that all punch list items and remedial work are expeditiously performed on completion of the project.
- Review all work for compliance with the appropriate safety requirements; ensure compliance with all federal, state, city and county entities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction, cost, control, schedules, and safety required
- Communication and organization skills
- Detail orientated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with reading blueprints
- Proficient knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, OSHA/MOSH requirements and other legal requirements
- Interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience required
- 3-5 years of supervision skills
- OSHA training
- CPR and Standard First Aid training/certification
*** Most projects are within 90 minutes of the Frederick, MD Headquarters ***
*** May need to work off hours on some projects ***
Frederick-based company with excellent benefits, including drug-free workplace, health, dental and disability insurance, employer matched 401(k), paid time off, and more. Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time