Do you want to make a positive difference in the world and help to clean the environment? Do you have a passion for excellence and the drive to make it happen? If so, come work for MK Environmental Inc.
MK Environmental Inc. has an exciting opportunity at our Columbia LA plant for a Production Engineer. This position will provide design, engineering, and production support for various projects. This individual will work with our engineers and assembly teams to design, document, fabricate, test, trouble shoot, and repair systems. This individual will coordinate efforts among staff and ensure that timely and effective communication exists among the project staff, ensure parts and materials are ordered in a timely basis, and resource allocation is effective, efficient and sufficient to complete the projects. The individual may occasionally work with our field service teams to install and start up equipment at project sites. Join our high quality, high performing teams where you will be challenged, and be given opportunities to learn, grow, and advance within the company.
- Lead project teams; identify requirements; create project plans and schedules; prepare scope of work instructions, coordinate activities; monitor progress; and resolve problems.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) showing detailed process flows including all equipment, piping components, block valves, line sizing, controls & functional descriptions.
- Prepare and modify design and production documentation including P&IDs, instrument specifications, control panel layouts, conduit / cable tray layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, drawings, bills of material, etc.
- Control, document, update all equipment PLC, drives and control systems software and information for quick access and repair.
- Perform PLC program evaluations, troubleshooting and changes as necessary.
- Develop and implement procedures to streamline design and planning processes, improve project communication and production scheduling and coordination.
- Manage project databases; document change orders; maintain project record drawings and specifications.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection to ensure production, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, customer requirements, and MK quality standards.
- Provide project engineering and support for field projects. Coordinate and manage field installation and start-up of systems including wiring, panel construction, and mechanical assembly.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to troubleshoot problems and develop corrective and preventive actions.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Perform other engineering or project management activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, industrial, or instrumentation).
- Three to five years production engineer and quality assurance experience, preferably in a production environment.
- Logical, methodical, takes initiative and ownership to get things done.
- Experience preparing estimates, schedules and project deliverables.
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems, including PLC programming.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret basic engineering package and flow sheets and develop detailed designs, P&IDs, BOMs.
- Ability to write reports, procedures, checklists, and project flow diagrams.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to work in a production facility and have the ability to negotiate stairs and ladders, and occasionally work outdoors in heat and cold.
MK Environmental Inc
Why Work Here?MK Environmental Inc. is a leading manufacturer of environmental remediation systems. Our systems are used to treat and decontaminate soil and groundwater and restore them to healthy conditions. Our expertise and reputation for customer service has earned us the distinction of preferred provider for many state environmental protection agencies and environmental remediation consultants.
people and ideas are valued; contributions are recognized and rewarded; opportunities for challenge and growth; generous benefits