MK ASSET MANAGEMENT, an established property management company, seeks a full time Apartment Leasing Agent to join our growing team of experienced real estate professionals. The Apartment Leasing Agent position has a base salary and is strongly commission focused. MK Asset Management is a vertically integrated investor, operator and third party manager of commercial properties including apartment, industrial and single story office properties. We are in search of hardworking, highly motivated individuals who are serious about a career in real estate. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of professionals who are dedicated to their success in the field of real estate.
Description: The Apartment Leasing Agent will join our growing Chicago team! Applicant must have a positive demeanor and can do attitude with a passion for the work they do. You will handle all apartment leasing activities and transactions on behalf of our owned and managed units. Additionally, the leasing administrator will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of managing several multi-unit communities. The position will have a focus in tracking, marketing and leasing units as they become available. Position responsibilities include managing phone, email, and all general communications related to the leasing of our apartment portfolio, assisting with the enforcement of the community's governing documents and collection policies, distributing lease documents, and other administrative support functions that may be assigned or needed. The position also requires attendance at weekend and evening showings so having access to a car is a requirement.
Primary Leasing Responsibilities:
- List and sell apartments located in Lakeview, Rogers Park and Wood Dale
- Host open houses and other events
- Prepare market analysis to help determine property value
- Educate clients on basic real estate procedures
- Verify and disclose property facts to clients
- Source new properties for leasing assignments.
During slower leasing seasons, employee will assist in management of the properties they lease.
- Previous experience in real estate, property management, or other related fields
- Familiarity with real estate contracts and leases
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills