Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
As our Second Shift Production Supervisor based in Phoenix, AZ, you will be responsible for leading our Solder Ops team as well as assisting the Manufacturing Manager with the processing of job orders across multiple production departments. This position is a key member of the management team. Your ability to manage by empowerment will allow you to hone your team's skills and create an organization committed to continuous improvement. Read below for key attributes necessary to succeed and more details on specific job duties.
Key Attributes and Proficiencies:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strategic thinking skills to create relevant processes, policies and procedures
Knowledge of: (Not all required, though. Please consider applying if you have basic manufacturing experience (even in other industries/fields) or previous supervisory/lead experience)
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) processes
- Surface mount equipment (stencil printers, pick & place machines and re-flow ovens)
- Automated Optical Inspection equipment
- Aqueous cleaning systems
- AS9100D and ISO quality systems
- IPC standards and inspection experience
- Cables and system builds (a plus, but not required)
- Project Management techniques, skills, processes and documentation
- Implementing new manufacturing processes to support project requirements
- Directly supervising Solder Ops department
- Audit customer supplied kits, as needed.
- Create travelers and production documentation
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager with producing daily production schedules, monitoring the production process of job orders and adjusting the daily production schedule as necessary
- Assist as needed with projects when there may be an impact to the schedule.
- Attend Manager meetings and ISO meetings
- Updates Master Schedule as necessary
- Maintain a constant awareness of jobs being processed, production issues and equipment malfunctions to quickly determine necessary alternatives to maintain schedules and on-time delivery
- Serve as a link between Quality, Engineering, Design, Sales and Production to provide feedback on potential issues with work-in-progress
- Assist Production Management with allocating personnel, material and equipment resources needed to meet production schedules
- Supervise 2nd Shift when 2nd Shift Manufacturing Manager is not available
- Rotate management shifts when Saturday shifts are required
- Identify and contribute to improving efficiency and process improvement
- Assist Production Management with building and leading a cohesive team that executes objectives with intensity and focus
- Assist with hiring, training and retaining a high-performing, highly productive, results driven workforce
- Contribute to a collaborative environment within operations and across other departments. Inspire and motivate the team
Benefit offerings include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
We proudly protect our employees and customers by performing pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
MJS Designs, Inc.Why Work Here?
MJS Designs - where your efforts make a difference each and every day, and you are working along side a dedicated, hard working team.
Turn to MJS Designs for high-quality and accuracy in complex printed circuit board engineering design, CAD layout, prototyping, box/ system build, cable assembly, procurement, volume assembly, test development, testing and fulfillment