Heavy Equipment Delivery Driver- CDL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Heavy Equipment Delivery Driver- CDL
The primary function of the Delivery Driver is to deliver and unload Agricultural equipment and supplies to and from the customer jobsite, store locations, dealer transfers, and others as applicable.
· Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site, which may include; but is not limited to:
o Loading, unloading, and securing the equipment.
o Local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
· Transport equipment to/from customer locations and/or between dealer facilities
· Maintains records of pickup and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts
· Maintain all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA and company policy
· Account for all time and for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties
· May need to maintain assigned trucks and related equipment in good condition
· Perform basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and make minor repairs.
· Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
· Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
· Demonstrate proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
· Perform other duties assigned by the manager or authorized personnel.
Definition of Class A Vehicle
o Any combination of vehicles with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 11,794 kilograms or more (26,001 pounds or more) provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excel of 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds.)
Education and Skills Requirements:
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
· Must be 21 years of age
· Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
· Valid Driver’s license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card).
· Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety Regulations / DOT Guidelines.
· Expert knowledge of binding, strapping, chaining of machinery and equipment
· Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
· Ability to pull trailers more than 32'
· Familiar with the use of a computer
· Ability to operate forklift
· Must be capable of calculating mileage distances using road maps.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability, and a strong customer service focus.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency and self-initiative.
· Excellent communication skills.
Experience in the transportation and operation of construction and/or agricultural equipment preferred.
· Three or more years of previous truck driving and heavy equipment transportation experience, including loading and unloading equipment.
· Possess knowledge of and/or previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small rural areas.
· Prior training and/or experience with similar Construction/Agricultural equipment a must
· Exhibit safe driving behavior / record instead of quality level record and maintain a Franklin Equipment quality level driving record.
· Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
· Exhibit professional defensive driving techniques to protect internal equipment and other drivers
· Possess a “Can Do” attitude and be willing to do what is necessary to exceed customer/company expectation.
· Must have sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle.
· Must have a working knowledge of delivery area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to get around the dealership and grounds for various tasks.
- The employee would normally lift or move 10 lbs., frequently lift, or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lifts or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate up and down movement with bending or stooping including reaching above and below shoulder height with arms and hands.
- Ability to be on one's feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb a ladder with the ability to carry an object while climbing.
- Ability to operate equipment or other power equipment, as necessary.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs. of force.
- Must meet health assessment requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
- The employee is generally required to stand for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing duties, the employee may be near moving mechanical parts and inside and outside weather conditions.
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Optical, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Extended Coverage, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. This document is not a contract, and the company may change job duties at any time.
Mid-South Ag Equipment, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. This organization participates in E-verify.
MId-South Ag Equipment, Inc.
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Equipment Delivery jobs daily straight to your inbox!