Senior HR UX Researcher/ digital Writer for employee experience at a Billion dollar industry leader
Help reveal what employees need by conducting primary and secondary research, exploring behaviors, motivations, and working with teams of writers, trainers, employees, HR Service Centers, designers, product managers, engineers and others to develop new features, functionalities and design strategies. As the Employee Experience team, we want to understand what makes a user’s experience feel more intuitive, accessible, and delightful while creating and providing clear, consistent content and communications in multiple digital workplaces including self-service.
In this role :
- Identify and set design strategy, envision complex UX and HR EX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible through human-centered and data informed process. You posses a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
- Convey research insights and complex concepts simply, in human terms.
- Employ usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements for the HR Operations and Employee Experience (EX) team. You will work to improve the usability, effectiveness, and desirability of self-service through consumption and delivery of HR content, internal web sites and applications in collaboration with User Interface Developers, Designers, Product Managers, UX Architects and Product Owners.
- You will love using data and quantitative analysis as much as qualitative discovery to share content and product development and influence strategy. You are a hybrid-thinker equally moving from data-informed insights to qualitative approaches. You will use your expertise in developing Employee Journey and Service Design Maps, usability test plans and scripts, conducting tests, data analysis and reporting/summarizing results to execute industry-leading UX research.
- Create and publish digital copy for intranets, case and knowledge management systems, knowledge articles, and applications for HR. You will provide digital content support in all areas of HR ensuring adherence to the established governance standards and style guides. We are looking for you to drive the HR content creation, updates and approval process efforts with HR SME’s ensuring the content is clear, concise and actionable.
- Most importantly, we are looking for you to be organized, able to develop usability tests, data analysis, develop content per a project schedule, knowledgeable of multiple writing styles, experienced in digital content and web sites, detail oriented, adept at working in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- While this position does not require design or programming capabilities, background knowledge in these areas is ideal.
- Collect and analyze digital workplace data using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Case Management dashboards, system reports, SharePoint Online
- Collect testing needs from internal clients- transform needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions. Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning
- Identify proper research method
- Map out proposed research track - design experiments, write interview guides, construct testing protocols, card sorts, comprehension testing etc.
- Get buy-in from stakeholders / clients
- Run experiments and collect data
- Plan, moderate and administer interviews
- Conduct remote and in-person usability testing sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Proctor other data collection exercises: card sorts, surveys, verbal walk-throughs, etc.
- Present Findings and Recommendations
- Share output that facilitates tactical decision making for developers and designers (presentations, written documents, tables and charts, etc.)
- Provide summary updates to critical teams as insights build throughout the data collection process
- Communicate the value of research insights in a way that excites and motivates other departments and promotes user-centered conversations
- Designing and developing digital HR copy for a variety of digital workplace tools (intranets, knowledge management systems, websites, and HR systems)
- Design and develop Employee and Service Design Maps
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Usability Analyst, UX Writer, or UX Researcher, working on experience design, UX digital copy, analytics, journey maps, data science or product teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Interface Design, Information Technology, Psychology, Marketing, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Technical Writing, Psychology, Decision sciences), Computer Science or a combination of education and work related experience.
- Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods (especially
user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests.
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations while putting them at ease.
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies and able to write cohesive hypothesis statements.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information and distill it into meaningful data and research findings and providing design rand content recommendations.
- Experience with applied statistical analysis, data extraction (SQL), Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture, SharePoint Online Analytics, ServiceNow Reports / Dashboard.
- Experience planning and leading research activities such as interviews, group sessions, observations and synthesis sessions.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task; Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid project management and planning skills.
- Self-directed with effective time management skills, comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Experienced in creating and designing digital copy for websites, intranets, case and knowledge management systems and other HR systems and platforms.
- Experienced in analyzing user/employee interfaces and design and providing recommendations and decisions based on observed user/employee behavior and prior experience and leading UX industry practices.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user/employee behavior and prior experience.
- Portfolio that includes samples of UX copy and research will be required.