The Sr Engineer will help make sure AWS cloud architecture and applications are following best practices.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with experience writing complex ETL code using a custom AWS ETL orchestration method to join our engineering team in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Senior Data Engineer focuses on data pipeline development. This individual works with both batch and streaming data processing architectures. The focus is to work with data modelers to build transformations using the existing AWS based ETL orchestration layer to build data marts in a way that accommodates change to the source data.
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines within the AWS Cloud.
- Develop C# AWS Lambda functions for processing big data streams.
- Develop complex SQL scripts for Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL jobs.
- Develop and maintain Terraform configurations to support the data pipeline infrastructure.
- Ensure data quality/integrity from various sources.
- Data reconciliation between DB2 and AWS S3.
- Data reconciliation of Enterprise Data Warehouse and source systems.
- Monitoring change data capture tool for uptimes and record count validation.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Ensure standardized coding practices.
- Work with junior members on new AWS technologies.
- Encourage AWS Certification training.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Enhance exiting cutting-edge AWS data pipelines.
- Develop as a core member of an Agile team, using Agile tools and methodology.
- Possesses an extremely flexible attitude. Willing to work with multiple types of technologies and languages with an open mind and without technology bias.
- Continuous interest in updating skill sets and knowledge of trends in the Big Data Technology space.
What the Company Offers:
- We offer lots of opportunity grow and advance.
- Family feel, very family-oriented
- Innovative and evolving
- Collaborative environment
- The company truly cares about our people
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans
- Generous vacation time
- Training programs
- Paid education programs
- Employee discounts and 401K
- Health and wellness benefits
- Great work/life balance
- The company and employees do so much to help the community