Field support desktop technicians with some systems admin skills needed for fast growing technology company - you will run a 3 site territory and have a great chance to grow your career.
Partner with the business and solve problems - not just a break fix job with an amazing company!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides level 1-2 technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions, troubleshooting problems, maintaining hardware performance and documenting and closing tickets efficiently.
- Documents and updates troubleshooting procedures, operating manuals and user guides.
- Completes tasks via email, ticket system or remotely with some phone contact and/or travel to site locations to troubleshoot equipment hardware and software problems.
- Sets up computers and installs desktop software applications. Tests network connections to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
- Communicates customer concerns and recommends improvements to our development and engineering staff.
- Responds to escalated request from help desk for issues related to computers, phones, printers, faxes, and scanners.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as per corporate manuals and directives.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Handles daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management.
- Provides LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) support to remote end-users.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching solutions and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Interacts with staff on desktop problems to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution.
- Ensures that tickets in the system queue are being completed in a timely manner.
- Assists all users with questions, complications, and/or problems when using proprietary software.
- Ensures that all mobile devices are set up within electronic device policy guidelines.
- Assists with and updates assigned support service requests.
- Collaborates with IT market leaders to purchase computer systems through the purchase and supplies department.
- Administers active directory as related to group policy creation and development and user administration.
- Works on IT projects (independently or with collaboration from others).
- Manages hardware and software inventory according to the needs of the department.
- With direction from leader, sets up of Linux Android G-Boxes and ensures they are in proper working order.
- Configures new servers and reconfigures established servers as determined by leader.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid Understanding of Computer hardware, software, networking technology
- Smart phone configuration knowledge (Android and iPhone)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to complete duties with limited guidance or supervision and achieve superior outcomes
- Skills on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems
- Basic knowledge of medical equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 20% of the time; must have reliable transportation
Why Work Here?
Fast growing Industry Leader