Neurosurgery Opportunity at Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center
- This is an outstanding opportunity to expand in the field of neurological surgery in a progressive and vibrant community located in southeastern South Dakota.
- Join four premier neurosurgeons
- Enjoy a one in five call schedule, covering just one hospital.
- Level II Trauma Center and strong interest in Neurosciences.
- 8-bed Neuro Acute Unit that is a step-down unit from ICU. Adjacent to this is a 12-bed General Neuro Unit. Video EEG and telemetry is available for neurological patients in all 20 rooms. State of the art technology including Gamma Knife, O-Arm, and Brain Lab. Terrific partnership and collaboration with specialties including Neurology, PM&R, and Intervention Pain. The neurosurgeons serve a growing population in a four-state region and receive referrals from the largest health system in the upper Midwest.
- Enjoy NO STATE INCOME TAX!!
- Extremely generous compensation & benefit package.
Ranked #3 as Best Places to Practice for physicians by MedScapes
As South Dakota's largest city, Sioux Falls is consistently ranked among America's top places to live. With a metro-area population of 243,900, Sioux Falls benefits from safe streets, excellent schools, low unemployment and no state income tax, to offer a superb quality of life.
With one of the Midwest's most dynamic and diverse business environments, Sioux Falls is home to industry-leading companies in agribusiness, financial services, healthcare and tourism. Sioux Falls is regularly ranked in Forbes magazine's Best Small Places for Business and Careers.
Sioux Falls also boasts a low cost of living compared to other Midwestern cities.
Learn More About Sioux Falls Below
As the urban center for the region, Sioux Falls features unique restaurants, retail shops and cultural venues. It also attracts big-name performing artists and Broadway shows.
Downtown Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls is home to a vibrant, revitalized downtown filled with local shops, bars and restaurants.
Two farmers' markets serve the area, featuring locally grown produce, dairy products and meat. Many market booths feature organic options.
Falls Park Farmer's Market
Sioux Empire Farmer's Market
Sertoma Butterfly House & Marine Cove
Sioux Empire Community Theatre
Siouxland Heritage Museums
South Dakota Symphony Orchestra
Washington Pavilion of Arts and Sciences -- Home to traveling Broadway shows, the Kirby Science Discovery Center and a Visual Arts Center.
Sioux Falls Events keeps a comprehensive list of area attractions.
Sioux Falls is a 3-hour drive from Omaha, Neb., and a 4-hour drive from Minneapolis, Minn.
Sioux Falls experiences four full seasons and offers opportunities to take advantage of them all.
Great Bear Recreation Park -- Skiing, snowboarding and warm-weather events
Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum
The Outdoor Campus -- Outdoor skills and nature center
Sioux Falls Bike Trail
Sioux Falls Canaries Baseball
Sioux Falls Parks
Sioux Falls Pools
Wild Water West Waterpark
Sioux Falls is also a 5-hour drive from Badlands National Park and the Black Hills.
Sioux Falls offers public and parochial learning options. The Sioux Falls School District includes 23 elementary schools, five middle schools and three traditional high schools.
Sioux Falls Catholic Schools includes six elementary schools and one junior high and high school.
Other options include Sioux Falls Lutheran Schools and Sioux Falls Christian Schools.
From the Victorian-era homes near downtown to the newer developments east, west and south of the city, Sioux Falls offers a variety of residential areas. Neighborhoods are well served by public parks, libraries and other amenities.Employment Type: FULL_TIME