Technical Program Manager
MINDBODY Scottsdale, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Responsible for technical program completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from planning through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific programs to completion both on time and within budget.
The Technical Program Manager leads a cross functional team to achieve business goals by driving the planning, execution, and delivery of software development programs. Acts as a champion of accountability and transparency by applying consistent program management practices that complement
the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of formal project/program management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, project management or related field preferred
• PMP, PgMP or other relevant certification preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong aptitude for emotional intelligence
• Relationship building skills, and the ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization as well as outside vendors
• Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
• Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
• Strong leadership skills, including the experience presenting key insights to executives
• Knowledge and experience with project management principles, practices, techniques and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating and managing projects and resources
• Ability to prioritize among demands
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program manage cross-functional initiatives, identifying and driving key deliverables and providing program status to stakeholders.
• Drive, coordinate and monitor engineering programs including scheduling, planning, execution, and release.
• Manage program schedules, budgets, and scope. Identify potential threats, cross-functional dependencies and present triple constraint trade-offs.
• Demonstrate technical subject matter expertise to help scope projects, design solutions, and resolve issues. Be able to work in software, write software, and use software to achieve goals.
• Lead cross-functional teams to support organization wide product readiness and go-to-market strategies.
• Ensure product development teams adhere to the product development processes. Drive and lead development checkpoints reviews.
• Drive cross-functional issue resolution ensuring issues are identified, owned and resolved. Ensure issues are escalated to engineering leadership.
• Identify and surface process improvement recommendations.
• Effectively communicating strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work.
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize program risks. Coordinate efforts to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and impacts of identified risks.
• Contribute to best practices for Program Management principles, as well as Agile methodologies and frameworks.
• Communicates complex concepts effectively to all levels.
• All other duties as assigned.
TechnologyView all jobs at MINDBODY