Business Intelligence Analyst
- Expired: May 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the strategic design, implementation and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances and drives business decision making capabilities and helps makes sense of our data world through meaningful and actionable insights.JOB SUMMARY:
The Business Intelligence Analyst I will enable analytic insights that inform and influence operational strategies and business decisions across the organization. Working closely with other members of the Business Intelligence team and stakeholders across the organization, they will utilize analytic tools to process data, build complex data models, develop reports, and provide actionable recommendations based on first-hand analysis. Findings may be communicated and presented through dashboards, graphs, charts etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree, quantitative field preferred
· 2+ years of experience performing quantitative data analysis
· Basic proficiency in any of the following tools, languages and platforms: SQL, Excel, any BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
· Good to have skills: Python, SSIS/Informatica/Alteryx/Knowledge of ETL, Snowflake, DBT
· Must be business-centric, data-oriented, analytically minded and results driven
· Ability to work in dynamic environment with regular changing priorities
· Aptitude for numbers and a curiosity about information and data
· Ability to present data in a simple, clean, concise visual, written and verbal manner
· Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset, and highly organized
· Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
· Strong technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn new technologies
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team environmentPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with aligning business logic needs with data warehouse team’s technological solutions to surface consumable data products
· Assist with providing business and technological expertise in such areas as Marketing and Customer Success reporting
· Assist with the development of SQL queries for creating universal data sources surfaced through DBT
· Produce Looker dashboards that answer key business questions
· Develop and maintain accurate tracking, capturing and reporting of key data and business metrics
· Assist with technical documentation of data sources, metrics definitions and key initiatives
· Document, organize, and assist with creation of data lake SQL queries used to answer key business questions
· Attain a basic degree of knowledge about internal data infrastructure
· Lead or support data analytics/metric improvement initiatives
· Facilitate business-facing efforts to standardize data reporting
· Consult with management to understand current and future business goals and strategies, and ensure that high-visibility reporting and analysis is aligned
· All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
· This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
BusinessView all jobs at MINDBODY