- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking an Information Technology (IT) Hardware Engineer to design, build and deploy rack-based information technology (IT) systems, operator consoles and simulated/emulated equipment and to install and troubleshoot lab IT equipment to support the development infrastructure for submarine training systems for the U. S. Navy at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI. This position must be located in Newport, RI.
The responsibilities for this position are:
- Design and build rack-based IT systems for simulation training systems to ensure safety, stability, ease of repair, reliability and durability
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex IT systems
- Build and install system interconnect cabling for communications, audio, networking and serial interfaces
- Configure IT hardware, such as network switches, Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) / PCoIP, Audio over IP (AoIP) devices, etc., and develop or mark up system configuration procedures
- Utilize an in-house web-based content management system to integrate full hardware documentation and procedures into Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) packages for trainer delivery
- Provide integrated logistics support (ILS) and inventory tracking in preparation for and during site installations
- Participate in system equipment installations (10-20% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer or IT field and 2+ years’ experience; or a High School Diploma / Equivalent and 6 years’ related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Skills to support building and troubleshooting computer systems consisting of rack mounted Intel processors, Cisco networking and KVM equipment
- Mechanical assembly skills for building IT racks and training equipment
- Ability to produce or read/interpret technical drawings and system support documentation
- Knowledge of interfaces, including Ethernet 1G/10G wiring (CAT5e, CAT6, CAT7, fiber) and serial cabling, and the skills to build, test and troubleshoot cabling
- Ability to use test equipment, such as network testers and multi-meters, to verify continuity
- Active security clearance at the Secret level
- Proficiency using Visio to develop system designs
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
Experience with Naval systems, particularly submarine systems.
Full time employees will be eligible for the MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. Benefit Plan which includes Vacation and Sick Time Leave, Supplemental Term Life Insurance, Individual Disability Insurance, and Medical/Dental Insurance, after completion of probationary period. Employee will be also be eligible for MILVETS Retirement Plan (non-contributory) if employee meets all eligibility requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?