Human Resource Specialist / Security Facility Asst.
MILLS MARINE & SHIP REPAIR LLC Suffolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Assist HR Department specifically recruitment with incoming calls, faxes, email correspondence, applicants’ personal documents, prepare for onboarding for new potential hires, maintain updated spreadsheet with accuracy, and online database. The Administrative Assistant position may transition into other administrative duties with other department areas in the near future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide administrative assistance to HR department
- Scheduling and setting appointments with applicants and management as needed
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of company/employee information
- Assist with background investigation/drug screening process
- Assist with onboarding and new hires first day on the job
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls as appropriate.
- Takes and delivers messages when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Package-Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Assists with initial new hire process; submission of online resume, application and updating database
- Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors as appropriate.
- Maintains fax machine, assists users, sends faxes and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Performs administrative and office support activities for Lease Labor and on occasion assist multiple corporate staff members
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, sorting, photocopying, and collating.
- ADP workforce now preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include (Not limited):
- Assist in getting job descriptions and qualifying questions written and advertised.
- Work cohesively with the HR Manager and Executive leadership in a team-oriented atmosphere to reach company assigned strategic goals for lease labor and other assigned recruiting needs
- Continually add to the company sourcing list for passive candidate searches.
- Assist in screening process all applicants/resumes for each job at a high volume. Data entry into client source database system(s) for applicants applying for trade and non-trade job assignments
- Assist with phone screening relevant candidates for the Recruiter.
- Maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates
- Manage and assist with the coordination of interviews with relevant hiring managers and team members.
- Be aware of Mills Marine standards & business conduct and abide by the instructions and guidelines.
- Develop and execute strategies for locating general laborers, skilled laborers, and professional workers and interview and screen those workers to meet client demands.
- Assist proactively, develop, and maintain candidate slates for current and future open positions.
- Assist with managing job postings on external websites and on social media.
- Ensure that the Corporation abides by the terms of the Security Agreement with the U.S. Government.
- Supervise and direct security measures necessary to carry out U.S. Government furnished guidance and specifications, and for safeguarding classified information.
- Educate all cleared personnel as to their security responsibilities
- Maintain a file of all cleared corporate personnel
- Physical plant, facilities management
- Create, execute, and monitor the office security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with Government security requirements.
- Assure proper marking, safeguarding, and transmission of all classified and COMSEC materials
- Manage the Access Control System
- Administer DISS activity including processing clearances and visit requests
- Maintain all records in compliance with our security manual and COMSEC procedures
- Primary contact for DSS reviews and correspondence
- Maintain a working relationship with all contract security offices to ensure proper paperwork and clearances are maintained
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
High school diploma or GED equivalency
Bachelor Degree Preferred
• 5+ years as a Facility Security Officer with DSS FSO Certification Preferred
• Knowledge of NISPOM and Government security requirements
• Knowledge of DISS
• Very strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Applicant must hold an active Secret security clearance or able to obtain one
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of management
Job Schedule Regular Full-Time
Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
Benefits: In addition to competitive pay, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with Mills. Benefits are subject to employment eligibility.
- Full-time employment
- Paid accrued vacation time
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Company paid life and accidental insurance
- Offer additional voluntary life/disability group insurance
- Legal Resource benefit
Mills Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Mills Marine is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
MILLS MARINE & SHIP REPAIR LLC
BusinessView all jobs at MILLS MARINE & SHIP REPAIR LLC