Assistant Facility Security officer
- Posted: over a month ago
Assistant Facility Security Officer
The Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) will assist the FSO in managing cleared personnel and cleared facility security programs in their organization(s). They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. AFSOs use a personal computer to log personnel and entry records, as well as review closed circuit recordings and provide functional support for physical security requirements. They manage access control to restricted areas, work with upper management on security protocols and legal requirements and analyze identification forms.
• Create, execute, and monitor the office security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with Government security requirements.
• Ensure COMSEC requirements and procedures are implemented and followed.
• Provide guidance and instructions to all employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security is reported immediately
• Conduct security trainings, briefings, and debriefings
• Assure proper marking, safeguarding, and transmission of all classified and COMSEC materials
• Manage the Access Control System
• Administer DISS activity including processing clearances and visit requests
• Maintain all records in compliance with our security manual and COMSEC procedures
• Primary contact for DSS reviews and correspondence
• Maintain a working relationship with all contract security offices to ensure proper paperwork and clearances are maintained.
• Maintain working relationships with government agencies.
• Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years as a Facility Security Officer with DSS FSO Certification
• Knowledge of NISPOM and Government security requirements
• Proficient in the (DISS) and (NISP)
• Very strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Applicant must hold an active Top Secret security clearance
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of management
Job Schedule Regular Full-Time
Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
Assist the FSO with the overall security program in accordance with NISPOM and DCSA guidelines
Assist in planning, implementing, and operating each element of an Insider Threat Program Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions involving the use of Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), e-QIP, NISS, DISS, STEPP/CDSE, and other security related systems
Process and maintain new and existing employee personnel security clearances (PCLs)
Review, process, screen, and verify content for required security forms (SF86, SF85, etc.) associated with background investigations
Create and maintain security files for employees, consultants, and independent contractors Provide security briefings, debriefings, awareness training and annual refresher training for personnel; maintain records
Process necessary badge requests for government facilities; support facilities with corporate badging and facility access, records, and access rights
Process visit requests, certifications, travel forms, special access, etc.Ensure that security policy and direction is consistent with Government laws and regulations, and company policies
Provide answers/analyses to address questions and concerns from management and personnel
Perform regular vulnerability assessments in preparation for external assessments by DCSA and otherwise ensure that the company is prepared for audits
Establish and maintain successful working relationships with government and internal customers
Perform other duties as required, including some facility project work as needed
BA/BS Highly Preferred a minimum 2 years' experience in security program
Must have a current/active DOD security clearance at the Top Secret level, and must be maintained
Demonstrated success as an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) or equivalent position
Working knowledge of NISPOM requirements for a possessing or non-possessing facility needed
Requires strong working knowledge of JPAS, DISS, NISS and e-QIP. Experience in processing SF-86, SF-312, Security Investigations and Periodic Reinvestigations.
Must have or able to obtain STEPP/DCSA required FSO, JPAS, and Insider Threat training
Experience preparing and sending VARs/VALs to government both hard copy and in JPAS for meeting requests and CAC/Badge requests
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, organize and prioritize numerous tasks
Must have excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills
Must be able to juggle competing demands and prioritize work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
Must be able to work independently and adapt quickly to changing priorities
Discreet handling of sensitive information
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships with clients
Experience supporting sales and business development
Experience with financial management
Years of Experience: 2+ years of experience working with relevant security organizations/programs.
Minimum Education Required: High school/GED, BA/BS degree preferred.
Must have and be able to maintain a current/active DOD security clearance at the Top-Secret level
Due to federal client requirements, only US Citizens can be considered
MILLS MARINE & SHIP REPAIR LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at MILLS MARINE & SHIP REPAIR LLC