MIKEL INC Middletown, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Network Systems Administrator is responsible for end user technical support and systems administration throughout the entire Mikel Inc. infrastructure. Support issues will range from initial system setup (including hardware and software for desktops, laptops, and smartphones) to troubleshooting application issues, to basic server side support. In addition to daily responsibilities and duties, the Systems Administrator will support IT Manager as well as Operations staff.
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Install, configure and maintain end-user workstation hardware, software and
- Administers and maintains user accounts for computers, email, and software access
- Provide troubleshooting support to users.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions and email accounts.
- Maintain inventory of all IT assets.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
Network Systems Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
- Firewalls, VPNs & WiFi
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- VMWare Virtualized Server Environments
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Office365 Administration
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with major course work in information technology, or a closely related
field; AND two (2) years of professional-level experience in information systems network
administration; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Cybersecurity certifications a plus
TechnologyView all jobs at MIKEL INC