Human Resources Manager- Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Banner Solutions represents a different way of thinking about the things that matter. Sure, we're a wholesaler, and yes, we've got the products, speed and network to outmatch any competition, but the real difference is in the way we change our customers' expectations of what a wholesaler is and does. We elevate every interaction to the best that it can be and leave our customers wondering why they do business with anyone else. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our growing Human Resources team. You’ll work directly with our HR team to support the internal Banner Solutions teams and will guide the design, implementation and delivery of HR services, policies, and programs designed to attract, develop, and retain talent who share the organization’s values. Banner Solutions HR programs must serve professional staff and hourly distribution workers in 9 facilities in multiple states. This role would report to our Senior Director of Human Resources.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Leverages and improves HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for the business leaders, organization and members.
- Communicates, facilitates and champions HR programs and company-wide initiatives such as employee engagement and recognition; provides support for HR activities (e.g., Open Enrollment, Employee Recognition, Wellness, etc.)
- Assists CHRO and Senior Director of Human Resources to resolve employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with Senior Director of Human Resources on legal matters.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase employee engagement.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation and has a good working knowledge of all HR services, including but not limited to benefits offerings, compensation, job descriptions, leaves of absence, workers compensation, wage & hour regulations, etc.
- Responsible for executing talent acquisition strategy and managing recruitment process for all non-exempt positions at nationwide distribution centers.
- Supporting the outside recruiting agencies with interview process including interview scheduling and background checks, facilitating onboarding, and working with DC managers on their staffing needs.
- Support a large, dispersed workforce, throughout the US, including professional level positions and hourly distribution workers.
- Administer performance review/evaluation process. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage Leave of Absence (LOA).
- Manage Workers Compensation (WC).
- Work with Senior Director of Human Resources on Safety Initiatives.
- Support associate training and development through LMS management and partnering with management to create customized solutions for their teams.
What you need to have (let’s call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 5+ years’ experience in HR with a working knowledge of & experience with multiple human resources disciplines including recruiting, benefits, employee relations, diversity, performance management, training, and federal and state employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- Ability to travel 25-30% to other US DC locations is required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills including excellent facilitation skills and the ability to create executive level communications and presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS systems, preferably in ADP Workforce Now.
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills. Ability to prepare for and participate in difficult conversations. Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent time management and organization skills. Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, re-prioritize based on business demands coupled with a strong sense of urgency.
What is nice to have (let’s call them Additional Skills):
- Exhibit confidence, share ideas and challenge the norm (think outside the box).
- A collaborative, confident and assertive style; ability to build strong trusting relationships and employ influencing strategies to gain support and achieve results and common goals.
- Proactive, self-directed, and motivated; not afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
- Demonstrate a strong internal and external customer service focus and a passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Impeccable follow-through and attention to detail. Timely and accurate execution of administrative HR responsibilities and compliance activities.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, analyze data and propose practical solutions.
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
This role will be an in-office position based in Dallas, TX. If you prefer to work a hybrid schedule, we can accommodate that for this role but you must be local to Dallas.
About Banner Solutions
At Banner Solutions we take great pride in making sure every customer has everything they need when they need it, and then some. To do this effectively, we realize it’s you, our team members, who make the difference in our company’s success. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what Banner Solutions is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn't just stop there. When you join the Banner Solutions team, you will get:
- A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus.
- An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance.
- A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- Opportunities to support your professional growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
Banner Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
When you apply for employment at Banner Solutions, we will process your job applicant data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
Banner Solutions participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law
MID-WEST WHOLESALE HARDWARE INC
AddressFort Worth, TX
BusinessView all jobs at MID-WEST WHOLESALE HARDWARE INC