This position is responsible for assisting the Low Vision Optometrist, Vision Solutions Center, and Low Vision Occupational Therapist, and to handle all related matters in the Low Vision Services area.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must have prior medical office experience.
- Experience in an optometry, ophthalmology or optical office is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance billing practices.
- Be proficient in use of computers including Microsoft Office and Internet research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish required.
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and disabilities.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and clean driving record required and/or ability to get to various locations.
- High degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and a drug test screening.