To assist the New Home Sales Consultant (NHC) participating in the sales process with customers - all to assist in the capture of new home sales. Learns, practices and develops essential skills in sales and marketing techniques, studies and applies appropriate Company guidelines, including the New Home Consultant’s Minimum Performance Standards. Assist the NHC in performing monthly competitive analyses to increase knowledge of communities. Assists the NHC in weekly Realtor office visits. Assist NHC in maintaining the integrity of their assigned community on a daily basis. Develops customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with Company objectives. Participates in all sales and training meetings with NHCs. If currently not a licensed Real Estate Sales professional, SA will be required to take the necessary state courses needed to earn their Real Estate Sales license. This position is a feeder role for New Home Consultant (NHC). Weekend work required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents M/I Homes in a professional manner while possessing a positive attitude.
- Supports the New Home Consultant in the development of a sales and marketing business plan in order to achieve the division’s business plan for the year.
- Uses selling skills acquired through company training programs with all customers encountered.
- Is punctual and opens models as advertised to public by arriving at models/sales office 15 minutes prior to posted opening hour and uses this time to open all models properly to ensure a professional presentation.
- Registers customers and inputs their information in Pivotal system.
- Demonstrates models, inventory homes, and homesites to customers and realtors, discussing features and benefits as well as exercising other selling skills learned from Critical Path/PSS training programs, including asking for the sale.
- Provides customers information on community, pricing, available financing programs.
- Assists the NHC developing working relationships with realtors by calling, emailing, visiting real estate offices, marketing through flyers or direct mail, assisting NHCs in giving presentations at scheduled meetings with realtors/brokers.
- Assists the NHC throughout the sales and selection process. Prepares necessary documents with homebuyers to assist NHC or should NHC be involved in another meeting or in their absence.
- Assists NHCs in creating their marketing/business plan (creating and sending flyers to customers, realtors, current homeowners, special events to generate traffic, grand openings, open houses, etc).
- Drives community daily to ensure signage is clean and accurate. If any maintenance is required, advises the appropriate party and follows-up to ensure that corrections have been made.
- Walks models and inventory on a weekly basis to ensure a professional presentation. If any maintenance is required, advises the appropriate party immediately and follows-up to ensure that corrections have been made.
- Continually monitors and confirms that all collateral material (handouts, brochures, and all sales literature), website, and intranet of SA’s assigned community is accurate. If inaccurate information is found, the SA is to advise the responsible party and notify the NHCs that the inaccuracy could affect so they are aware and are then able to relay correct information to customers/realtors they are working with at the moment while waiting for correction to be made. SA to follow-up to ensure correction is made.
- Participates in all sales and training meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the company guidelines.
- Follows the same dress code/guidelines as NHCs.
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Weekend work is required.
Minimum Education Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in specialized training from a two-year college or technical school combined with relevant course study including seminars and workshops in sales and marketing techniques and a minimum of one year retail sales experience and/or training. Real Estate license required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and without direction and immediate supervision.
- Sets and attains goals or achieves established division goals without constant oversight.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to selling techniques and potential homebuyer concerns, needs, and issues.
- Self-motivated with persuasive, enthusiastic and customer-service oriented personality and good negotiation and organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for high interaction with a variety of people and forums inside and outside of organization.
- Exhibits good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills, and can make competent decisions within given parameters.
- Maintains a positive and helpful attitude – team player.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and
- Ability to manage time effectively to accomplish several tasks concurrently.
- Ability to represent the interests of the Company and Division to the public.
- Maintains a high sense of personal integrity.
- Looks for ways to enhance and bring new ideas to the position.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.