Processes applicable documentation for FHA, VA and Conventional mortgage loan applications and prepares required packages for loan approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with loan applicant(s) to gather specific information relative to credit, employment and financial history to obtain a loan approval
- Gathers, analyzes and processes necessary documentation from applicant(s), credit bureaus, employers, and various creditors to verify financial information and credit standings
- Reviews and assemble accurate loan information in a timely manner to obtain applicable loan approvals
- Communicates with applicant(s), underwriters and/or creditors to resolve problems or questions regarding application information
- Assists with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshops combined with at least two to three years of related experience and/or training; general knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements. Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented aptitude. General administrative abilities to include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Some weekend work may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.