Processes applicable documentation for FHA, VA and Conventional mortgage loan applications and prepares required packages for loan approval. Prepares file for closing with appropriate follow through with the title company and borrower(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- If applicable, interviews loan applicant(s) to gather specific information relative to credit, employment, and financial history.
- Gathers, analyzes and processes necessary documentation from applicant(s), credit bureaus, employers, and various creditors to verify financial information and credit standings.
- Reviews, organizes and collates application and loan information to insure timeliness and accuracy in providing a useable credit file to be submitted to underwriting for approval.
- Communicates with applicant(s), underwriters and/or creditors to resolve problems or questions regarding application information.
- Prepares file for final sign-off by branch manager and sends closing package to the closing attorney and title company so they can prepare the final HUD-1 Settlement Statement. Reviews final HUD-1 for accuracy.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong customer service oriented individual with good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to elicit, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements. The candidate should possess a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills as well as a detail-oriented aptitude. The candidate should be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision. General administrative abilities should include typing, filing and use of computer, calculator, copier and facsimile machines.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate, with some college preferred, and at least three (3) years of experience in the mortgage field.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Some weekend work may be required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.