Prepares home mortgage loan applications; reviews, evaluates and recommends approval of such applications for FHA, VA and Conventional real estate loans. Generates and originates new loan packaging services to ensure competitive financing to meet the needs of assigned home-building divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates and originates new loan packaging services; communicates new loan programs to branch manager, assists the home buyer with financing needs. Provides information to sales staff on current mortgage rates, loan programs and qualification of buyers to assist in potential sales.
- Interviews loan applicants to gather specific information relative to credit, employment, and financial history.
- Analyzes and evaluates applicant financial status and credit information to determine qualification and use of appropriate loan programs.
- Ensures loan applications are complete and accurate according to policy and for delivery to underwriting for approval.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with at least one year of relevant course study including seminars and workshops in addition to specific training in loan origination combined with a minimum of two years related experience; thorough knowledge of loan processing and underwriting fundamentals. State of Texas Loan Officer License required for Texas employees.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer-service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Strong organization and negotiating skills to develop new business. Ability to elicit, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to underwriting guidelines and lender requirements.
Valid driver’s license required for travel remote sales offices and potential business associates.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.