Efficiently and effectively conduct and manage the budgeting, off-site purchasing, engineering, permit processing, scheduling and site development in order to deliver finished lots on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate land development and home construction schedules.
- Manage all land development field operations and act as a liaison between the field and corporate offices.
- Manage and meet on a regular basis with all active civil and geotechnical engineers.
- Manage and meet on a regular basis with all active consultants (e.g. traffic, utility, noise, biology, paleontology, archeology, etc.).
- Coordinate preparation of Sequence Sheets, Disclosure Statements and Lot Exhibits.
- Coordinate placement, delivery and furnishing of construction trailers.
- Interface with and manage issues relating to city/county Planning, Public works, Engineering and Building departments; Insure adherence to all Conditions of Approval.
- For communities with land development operations, meet on a weekly basis with on-site Superintendents to discuss site development issues and provide necessary management and support, including adherence to policies and procedures (e.g daily logs, sales-construction meetings, filing systems, etc.).
- For communities with home construction operations, provide support as needed.
- Manage additional tasks and/or projects as needed.
- Review and approve land development and consultant invoices and change orders.
- Manage building permit processing for model homes and first phase of production homes.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related area with at least 6 years’ experience with a developer or Civil Engineering firm.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Travel as required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.