Provides general administrative support for division construction department. Performs routine assigned tasks through the use of basic office skills in conjunction with direction from supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes invoices and types checks for housing starts, permits, overhead costs, etc. Monitors overages and reserves through the preparation and review of appropriate reports.
- Provides general administrative support for construction department including routine processing of correspondence from rough or revised draft, data entry, preparation of miscellaneous reports, filing and copying. May compile and verify information for reports.
- Assists subcontractors and various vendors with invoicing issues including payment processing, overages, etc.
- May order and process permits, plot plans, and blueprints as required; and assist in the processing of start packages.
- Orders appliances for new home starts and maintains required inventory.
- Processes change orders which may include cabinet, title and carpet upgrades, color selections, etc.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
General office and administrative skills to assist in the processing of departmental work flow. Customer-service oriented with professional and courteous attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization; ability to follow oral and written instructions. Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
Minimum Education Experience:
High school graduate with basic academic and practical skills gained through school curriculum combined with at least one year of related work experience and/or training; general knowledge of administrative skills and office functions.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.