MHVillage, the national leader in online advertising for manufactured homes and communities, has an immediate opening for an extraordinary, tech-savvy Content Marketing Specialist with a passion for lifestyle, Real Estate, and housing-related content at our corporate office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Content Marketing Specialist supports the continued leadership and growth of MHVillage in the online advertising space by planning, creating, and maintaining various types of content to expand the organization’s digital footprint and drive awareness and interest in MHVillage with our consumer and professional audiences.
Responsibilities include translating strategic objectives into actionable plans and deliverables, creating, procuring and curating relevant content for MHVillage blogs, email marketing, social media, and related transactional or marketing communications; providing general editorial and copywriting support to the organization; and working with the marketing team to develop inbound marketing campaigns with specific, measurable objectives – then executing, measuring and optimizing those campaigns.
Works closely with senior management to continually develop and refine the organization’s content marketing strategy.
Research, develop and deliver high-quality digital and print content in support of the organization’s content strategy, including blog and social media posts, web and landing page content, SEO initiatives, reports, infographics, articles, press releases, direct mail, sales collateral, digital advertising, email communications, and other deliverables.
Collaborates with internal departments and subject matter experts to plan, research and publish value-driven, engaging content that keeps our consumer and professional audiences actively engaged, drives traffic, and generates sales leads.
Works with the Vice President of Marketing to help identify content trends, best practices, insights, and opportunities.
Maintains an editorial calendar of forward-thinking content for all marketing channels.
Plans and implements well-coordinated inbound marketing campaigns to promote and distribute content across multiple channels and formats.
Manages relationships with creative vendors and freelance writing talent.
Measures content performance and continually refines audience interactions.
- Exceptional conceptual thinking and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience or an equivalent combination of experience/education. Direct-response copywriting experience preferred.
- Up-to-date knowledge of content marketing trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of marketing results generated through blogging, social media, email marketing, landing pages, and/or other content marketing activities/responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of marketing and new business development processes.
- Experience in both content creation and managing content development.
- Strong working knowledge of SEO, analytics, business use of social media platforms, and email marketing systems.
- Extensive experience with WordPress, themes, plugins, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office and/or Google Apps.
- Efficient, organized and able to work as a team as well as independently.
- Desire to continually learn and innovate.
- Portfolio of recent work demonstrating content marketing experience.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a very competitive compensation program, excellent work/life balance, medical, dental and vision benefits, quarterly profit sharing and company-matched 401K.
This is a full-time position based in Grand Rapids, Michigan with some travel required.