The position requires intermediate level skills/knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying, and receptionist coverage. Additional software utilized in the role: Lacerte, Practice CS and Gofileroom. Experience in a Cloud environment is desired.
This position reports to the Firm Administrator.
- Assemble, file, scan and track all tax returns, estimates and extensions
- Receive E-File authorization forms and organize with client files for processing
- Assist with the mail for the department and maintain tracking log
- Process and distribute weekly tax return status reports to firm
- Maintain client files
- General administrative word processing, filing, scanning
- Back up assistance for the Receptionist, as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work towards deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work well with all levels of firm management and staff
- Experience with general office support, scanning, photocopying and receptionist coverage
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- High energy self-starter with the confidence to make good decisions and establish effective interdepartmental relations.
- Commitment to delivering first class internal and external customer service.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed – including Saturdays.