Made by Hemp (part of the MHR Brands family), is an industry leader in the emerging CBD marketplace. We are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper Office Manager to be part of our finance team. You will be critical to the day to day operations of the company and report to the Controller. This position will be based in Jenison, MI at our company headquarters.
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will be able to work independently and be able to not only identify but solve any problems when encountered. The candidate should have a strong grasp of technology and be comfortable with Microsoft 365 as all our systems are in the cloud. Discretion is critical because this position is privy to sensitive data including payroll.
This position will be responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly accounting processes for the company including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Reconciliations:
· Handle daily payment processing of orders in the morning so shipping department can hit the ground running when they arrive.
· Daily reconciliations of merchant banking, checking and credit card accounts
· Monthly reconciliations of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable accounts.
· Payroll submission through third party payroll provider and corresponding journal entry.
· Process bills and make payments. Makes bank deposits.
· Keep books for three separate companies. Acumatica, our cloud ERP is used for the manufacturing and distribution entities and QBO for retail entity.
· Assist with HR and benefits administration for 12 employee work force.
· File monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns.
· Assist Controller with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes.
· Research discrepancies for our E-commerce and dropship customer orders.
· Assist with quarterly inventory counts.
Experience & Skills
· Bookkeeping or accounting experience required.
· Understanding of dual entry accounting and journal entries.
· Any Human Resources administration experience would be a plus.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite. Advanced Excel experience a plus.
· Experience with web-based ERP systems a plus.
· Understanding of accrual accounting. Any GAAP knowledge would be a plus.
· Notary would be a plus and any costs would be reimbursed.
· Experience with triple-match payables would be a big plus.
Why Work Here?Founded in 2013 as Michigan Herbal Remedies, LLC in the founders basement, to a full manufacturing and distribution company of industrial hemp based CBD products.
We are a craft cannabinoid company, looking for our next rock star!