I) Job Purpose
This position is a direct service position, which assists with the orientation of clients to the unit, transportation of clients outside the facility, maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment.
II) Essential Functions
Transport clients and supplies as needed.
- Transport clients to programmatic activities.
- Take clients for scheduled medical appointments.
- Pick up supplies and charts.
- Transport clients for other purposes with proper approval of Program Manager.
- Must not miss more than one (1) appointment in a three-month period.
Assist nurse with vital signs and intake.
- Take vital signs on clients as indicated by nurse.
- Complete client admissions as directed by the Program Manager/Designee.
- Charts client’s response to treatment.
Check and maintain unit cleanliness.
- Check unit at shift changes and throughout shift.
- Report housekeeping problems to SAW Lead Tech.
- Assist in cleaning unit.
Check in-coming possessions.
- Check client’s possessions for drugs/alcohol upon admission.
- Check all packages from the outside, including items purchased during outings.
Utilize verbal and physical intervention when necessary.
- Do not fail to intervene in client crisis requiring SAMA (verbal/physical intervention).
- Act to insure safety of clients and other staff.
Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Report unsafe conditions and maintain needs to SAW Lead Tech immediately.
- Follow agency policy on client confidentiality without exception
Comply with TCADA, MHMR and CARF standards
- Performance Requirement(s):
- Follow all standards utilized by ADS
- Report any deviance by self or others to supervisor
Respond in therapeutic manner
- Interaction with clients are non-judgmental and appropriate for treatment
- Actively promote a therapeutic environment
Assist in self-medication tasks
- Assist clients in their taking of prescribed and PRN medications each shift as needed
- Conduct a count of prescriptions once a shift
Strip beds as needed
- Check all unit beds daily
- Make linen available to clients or make beds
- May need to check beds more frequently at detoxification unit
Comply with tech duty sheet
- Check off duty sheet every shift
- Perform all regular and assigned tasks
- Report problems with competed work to Operations Team Leader
- Ensure that client needs are met
Complete MHMR of Tarrant County training within 60 days of hire date and attend refresher training as required by MHMR of Tarrant County Training Department.
- Complete refresher courses within 3 months of expiration or as required
III) Knowledge of Laws, Policies/Procedures, Skills, Education and Abilities
- Knowledge of 12-Step Program
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team
- Good driving record
- Two year sobriety
- Ability to utilize SAMA verbal and physical intervention techniques
- Ability to evaluate needs of clients
- Ability to determine the environmental condition of the unit
- Ability to detect potential behavioral problems of clients and resolve them effectively
- Ability to detect and function in a crisis situation; fire, storm, bomb threat, evacuation, etc.
- Knowledge of MHMR of Tarrant County and Addiction Services Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of DSHS/CARF Standards
- Federal Confidentiality Laws
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
Staff will be required to have contact, in person and by telephone, with the following agencies and organizations: SAW Lead Tech, Program Director, Clinical Supervisor, Program Manager, Probation/Parole, Tarrant Council, Family Services, John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS), Health Department, Department State Human Services (DSHS), other MHMR of Tarrant County programs, other doctor’s offices and medical organizations
Transport clients within the city of Fort Worth to appointments involving medicine needs or court dates.
Approximately 20% of job time. Transport to outside NA/AA meetings and program activities.
High School Diploma / GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance, cardio and lift test. Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) Protection.