In order to apply for this position, you will need to go to: www.mhmrtc.org/jobs/employment
I) Job Purpose
The position of Bilingual Personal Service Coordinator is a direct care position with the expectation that at least 75% of his/her work time will be spent face to face with the individuals that MHMRTC serves. This position requires the applicant to be fluent in Spanish. A Personal Service Coordinator functions as part of the treatment team in the clinic to which he/she is assigned and provides assessment, recovery planning, and ongoing treatment in order to assist individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to gain the skills, resources, and supports necessary to attain their individualized recovery goals. Services may be provided in the clinic or in the community. Providing services in the community will entail travel (often in your own vehicle) and work throughout Tarrant County, in a variety of neighborhood and home conditions.
II) Essential Functions
A) Personal Service Coordinators will be evaluated routinely and as needed based on the following expectations beginning 90 days after date of credentialing.
- At least 90% of billable services provided by Personal Service Coordinator will meet billing standards
- Contact assigned individuals within 3 business days after the assignment is made.
- Spend at least 75% of working hours face to face with the individuals served by MHMR Tarrant.
B) Attend and participate in all Recovery Team Meetings.
- Personal Service Coordinator will receive prior approval from his/her Program Manager for every Recovery Team Meeting not attended.
C) Maintain credentialing as a Personal Service Coordinator.
- No Relias training will be 60 days or more overdue at any time.
- Personal Service Coordinator will maintain clinical supervision requirements at all times
D) Maintain timekeeping and travel records on a daily basis, ensuring final records are turned in and approved before the close of each pay period or as requested by supervisor.
- Personal Service Coordinator will have no more than two missed punches (clock-in or clock-out) in the timekeeping system in any given pay period.
- Personal Service Coordinator will notify his/her supervisor immediately if a missed punch occurs.
E) Performance standards are performed as applicable with MHMR’s We CARE values “We Connect People in Our Community. We Provide Access to Services. We Link People to Resources. We Empower People.”
F) Perform other job duties or responsibilities as requested or assigned.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, Policies/Procedures, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicable sections of Texas Administrative Code, Third Party Payer Requirements, MHMRTC Policies and Procedures, Mental Health Code, Medicaid Procedures, Compliance Plan, MHMRTC Employee Handbook, HIPAA, and applicable Federal standards.
- Personal Service Coordinator will demonstrate effective organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Personal Service Coordinator will be self-motivated and self-directed demonstrating the ability to work autonomously.
- Personal Service Coordinator will provide excellent customer service both within and outside the agency.
- Personal Service Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to engage individuals in services while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Personal Service Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to work in a non-judgmental manner with individuals and coworkers whose belief systems may be based on values different from those of the Personal Service Coordinator
- Personal Service Coordinator will be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Personal Service Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Personal Service Coordinator will demonstrate the ability to accept direction and make constructive use of professional and clinical supervision.
IV) Internal & External Customer Service
This position requires extensive internal and external contacts with clients, family members, significant others, inter-agency staff, service providers, and practitioners. Personal Service Coordinator will accomplish this with exceptional written and verbal skills, by answering phone calls and emails within one business day, and by conducting themselves professionally in all interactions. Other contacts may include, but are not limited to: John Peter Smith Hospital, Family Services, Social Security Administration, Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (formerly TRC), Department of Regulatory and Protective Services, other area hospitals, local Police Department(s), area United Way Agencies, local housing authority and/or local transportation authority.
This position requires significant travel within Tarrant County. A company vehicle may be available or you may be expected to use your personal vehicle. Staff member is responsible for maintaining accurate records and submitting them on time in order to receive compensation allowed per division policy. Staff member is responsible to pay in full any traffic tickets and fines for traffic violations while working.
Required Minimum Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Related Field
Must be able to meet QMHP-CS Qualifications
Must be Spanish Speaking
Required Years’ Experience
One (1) Year
Active Texas Driver's License with acceptable driving record
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) All 3
Up to 15 Pounds
As a full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in MHMR’s employee health benefits program. Health benefits eligibility date is the 1st of the month following completion of sixty (60) days of employment. Your eligibility for other benefits, including the 401(a) (including employer match) and tuition reimbursement will take place per company policy.