Behavior Health Cafe Cook
MHMR Tarrant Fort Worth, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Your application is not complete! Please apply to the application on our website: https://www.mhmrtarrant.org/Jobs/Employment. We invite you to apply to this position, as well as any others that interest you.
We are deeply committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workspace. To learn more about our WeCARE values, please visit the following link: https://www.mhmrtarrant.org/Jobs/Jobs-at-a-Glance-Videos
I) Job Purpose
To provide wholesome cooked meals on a daily basis according to current menus. This position will also provide for a clean, safe environment at all times. The person assigned to this position will mentor good work habits such as good work attendance, following instructions and working positively with others. To provide work support services to people with a history of mental illness in Tarrant County. The individual in this position will have the responsibility for assisting consumers in learning the requirements and duties of the designated job that will assist the trainee in becoming as fully integrated member of the workplace.
II) Principal Responsibilities
A. Preparation of Meals
- Performance Requirements:
- Prepare meals daily according to the assigned menu.
- Notify supervisor of any menu changes.
- Follow recipes and portion control of servings.
- Ensure that hand washing and sanitation is practiced at all times.
- Ensure that all meals are completed on schedule.
B. Maintain food preparation, serving and dining areas according to Tarrant County Health Department standards.
- Keep all areas clean and orderly at all times
- Ensure that all dishes and utensils are washed and sanitized.
- Monitor and record cold and freezer storage area temperature every 24 hours.
C. Ordering food and equipment.
- Inventory and inspect all deliveries for quality and proper quantity.
- Date and store all items in their proper places.
- Notify supervisor of all orders involving cooking utensils and equipment.
- Notify supervisor of any problems with delivery orders.
D. Maintenance of equipment
- Ensures all equipment is clean and sanitized.
- Reports all broken or unserviceable equipment.
- Cook will correctly assume the responsibilities of the job in the work environment.
E. Completes MHMR of Tarrant County required trainings.
- Completes MHMR of Tarrant County required trainings within 60 days of hire date.
- Completes/attends refresher trainings before expiration dates.
F. Perform other related job duties or responsibilities as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in the job description.
- Exhibits a willingness to assume additional duties, seeks the guidance of supervisor prior to beginning and unfamiliar assignment.
III) Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, and Policies/Procedures
- Knowledge of MHMR of Tarrant County and Addiction Services Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of TCADA/CARF Standards
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation techniques and procedures of modified and calculated diet preparation methods.
- Ability to interpret and follow recipes, and to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Follow safety rules and regulations, sanitary procedures, food preparation and the operation of food service equipment.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and prepares requisitions for needed items as appropriate.
- Ability to calculate food requirements for a large number of people.
- Abide by local Health Department Regulations and rules.
- Abide by food service agreements with customers.
IV) Personal and Public Contact
Extensive internal and external contact is required. The employee will demonstrate advanced written and verbal skills while maintaining a positive image.
High School Diploma/GED
6 months (.5 years)
Food Handler’s Certification in association with Health Department completed before employment date with MHMR.
Must provide license (if applicable) and official documentation of all educational attainment i.e. Transcript/Degree/Certificate
Required Supervisory Experience
Pre-employment tests including drug and TB Screening, Physical Exam including balance and lift test.
Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression (SAMA) Protection
As a full-time employee, you are eligible to participate in MHMR’s employee health benefits program. Health benefits eligibility date is the 1st of the month following last hire date of employment. Your eligibility for other benefits, including the 401(a) (including employer match) and tuition reimbursement will take place per company policy.
For more than 40 years, MHMR Tarrant has improved the lives of people with health care needs, such as substance use disorder, psychiatric disorders, and intellectual delays and disabilities. Using innovative approaches, MHMR partners with individuals and families, and collaborates with other community organizations to provide services and a hopeful future. Susan Garnett, CEO
MHMR TarrantWhy Work Here?
We Change Lives!
Welcome to My Health My Resources (MHMR): We Change Lives For more than 40 years, MHMR Tarrant has improved the lives of people with health care needs, such as substance use disorder, psychiatric disorders, and intellectual delays and disabilities. Using innovative approaches, MHMR partners with individuals and families, and collaborates with other community organizations to provide services and a hopeful future. Susan Garnett, CEO