Mental Health Worker
In anticipation of a new inpatient mental health unit, Centurion is looking for multiple Mental Health Workers at SCI-Waymart
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to PA Department of Corrections.
We are looking for Mental Health Workers to work at the inpatient mental health unit. We have all shifts available for FT and PRN. This is a perfect opportunity for college students or someone looking to start a career in mental health. See job duties below.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary treatment planning meetings and implement interventions as assigned.
- Supervise offenders and provide informal education in routine activities of daily living (e.g., hygiene, eating, and recreation).
- Provide care and activities programming to offender population in assigned area.
- Inform supervisor and psychiatric staff of significant change in an offender’s functioning.
- Be familiar with methods of crisis intervention and is prepared to intervene in an emergency until additional personnel can be contacted.
- Collect samples according to physician orders as directed by a nurse.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of records pertaining to offender mental health care, including treatment planning, daily contact notes if requested, observation of restraint use, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in the problem solving process.
- Attend required safety training and in-service programs as requested.
- Identify and maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic.
Centurion offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package:
*Highly Competitive Pay
*Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
*28 Paid Days Off per year
*7 Paid Holidays
*401(k) with Employer Match
*Flexible Spending Account
*CEU Reimbursement and CEU Paid Days Off
- High school diploma or GED required
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check