Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the New Hampshire Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking 2 Mental Health Clinicians to work at the Men's Facility and the Women's Facility in Concord, New Hamspshire.
The Mental Health Clinician provides comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment under professional supervision in collaboration with multidisciplinary team in a correctional setting.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members in the development/review of individualized mental health treatment plans and in the monitoring and treatment of inmates as indicated on the treatment plans.
- Complete mental health assessments for inmates referred based on intake process, staff referral or offender self-referral. Ensure that assessment is completed within time period required by the type of referral
- Provide regular follow-up to assigned offenders to monitor current mental status and functioning
- Inform supervisor and psychiatric staff of significant change in an offender's functioning
- Provide crisis interventions as required to include precautionary measures, daily follow-up and development of crisis treatment plan if indicated
- Conduct individual and group counseling, psychoeducational groups for offenders
- Assist offenders in defining goals to achieve personal, social, educational and/or vocational development
- Observe offenders to detect mental deficiency, abnormal behavior or maladjustment
- Administer, interpret and report on psychological testing data as testing standards permit and/or under supervision if required.
- Provide clinical supervisory oversight for non-psychiatric mental health staff as requested
- Provide on call mental health services if assigned
- Identify and maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process and relationship
- Other duties as assigned
- Health, dental, life and vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounty
- Wellness activity subsidy
- Masters level degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field from an accredited educational institution required.
- Valid State Professional license required.
- Must show current tuberculosis documentation and active CPR certification.
- Must be able to pass background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with direct care for individuals with mental illness preferred.
- Experience in a correctional environment preferred
External Company Name: MHM Services, Inc
External Company URL: http://www.mhm-services.com