Licensed Mental Health Professional
Patuxent Institution- Jessup, MD
Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Mental Health Professional at the Patuxent Institution in Jessup, MD. This is full-time benefit eligible position working Monday thru Friday day shift from 8am-4:30pm.
The Licensed Mental Health Professional provides comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment under professional supervision in collaboration with multidisciplinary team in a correctional setting.
- Skills: Diagnostic and problem solving skills. Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude, be solution oriented regarding departmental issues and exhibit behavior consistent with a team approach to accomplishing departmental outcomes. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborates with and completes referrals to appropriate community agencies for assistance based on patient need. Initiates referrals in a timely manner. Utilizes resources to help patient resume life in the community and/or to adjust to lifestyle changes
- Develops and maintains information on community resources and referral requirements based on patient population as identified in the unit scope of practice.
- Documents activities in medical records per policy standards. Maintains statistical data as required
- Facilitates communication between the patient, family, and the treatment team. Assesses and communicates the patient's social, cultural, emotional, and economic problems to treatment team and other providers as needed.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care coordination and collaborates with internal and external healthcare providers, patient and family to develop a comprehensive discharge plan, as necessary
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Health savings account with matching employer contributions
- 28 paid days off
- 6 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Career development benefit
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Wellness activity subsidy and MUCH MORE!
- Current Maryland licensure as LGPC, LGSW, Psych Associates, LCPC, LCPC-S, LCSW or LCSW-C.
- Experience with direct care for individuals with mental illness or in a correctional environment preferred.
- Must pass a full state and federal criminal background check and obtain agency security clearance