Human Resources Business Partner
Here we grow again!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion has just been awarded the state of AZ.
We have an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner to work out of our regional office in Tempe, AZ and work with the State of AZ DOC which consists of 10 faciliites and 1000 FTE's of staff. You would be responsible for half the state. There would be about 25% travel to assigned programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Handles employee relations counseling, investigations, and exit interviews.
- Conducts on-going training of management staff for state wide contract support on a broad range of HR-related topics.
- Works closely with management to support efforts to build, support and train a strong work force.
- Facilitates the performance management process within the contract.
- Reviews and advises operations management on all recommended terminations prior to action being taken.
- Conducts site visits to evaluate the employee relations climate and submits timely report of findings and recommendations.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Implements new or revised HR policies within the Region.
- Works to create an effective employee relations environment that enables MHM to achieve its business objective of outstanding client service and clinical excellence.
- Mentors and supports managers/management development efforts.
- Support and help lead open enrollment activities, including presenting open enrollment changes each year.
- Understands and respects sensitive nature of information and manages this responsibly with great care so that situations and complex tasks are handled discretely, effectively and efficiently.
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to set objectives, manage multiple priorities, organize time and identify resources for individual and group projects.
For consideration send your resume to Angie@mhmcareers.com or apply online.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Three years of HR/Employee Relations experience with a medium company
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of regulatory/statutory environment
- Strong employee relations background
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to support assigned programs
- Must be comfortable visiting and working within correctional facilities
- Ability to obtain security clearance, to include drug screen and background check