Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of medical services and mental health services to the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Currently seeking Director of Nursing (DON) at the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility in Woodville, MS. The ideal candidate will hold valid MS RN license, possess 5 years of progressive nursing experience and have 3 years of supervisory experience including experience scheduling, hiring, training and managing staff.
Responsibilities of the Director of Nursing (DON)
- Lead, direct, and monitor the delivery of health care and related health and medical services.
- Provide direct supervision to nurses.
- Plan, develop and implement procedures and policies that enhance the quality of life for people receiving services and assures procedures that support people managing their own health care.
- Provide leadership to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and nursing practice standards.
- Develop and implement nursing department budgets in coordination with our management team.
- Provide effective nurse management (hiring, development, training, performance feedback, etc.) that assures utilization of personnel to best meet the needs of the people receiving supports and services.
- Develop and implement health care related training that assures the best possible delivery of health related supports and services.
- Review training at least annually and makes modifications as needed.
- Ensure that patient care plans contain accurate documentation and are amended as needed
Centurion offers competitive salary and excellent benefit package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with company Match
- Short term and Long term disability
- Up to 20 paid days off and 8 state holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Must hold valid MS RN license.
- Five years of progressive nursing experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience including experience scheduling, hiring, training and managing staff.
- Correctional experience a plus.
- Must show current tuberculosis (TB) documentation and active CPR certification.
- Must be able to pass background investigation and obtain agency security clearance.
Nurse and Healthcare Recruiter
or apply online at centurionjobs.com
External Company Name: MHM Services, Inc
External Company URL: http://www.mhm-services.com