Assistant Director of Nursing- Psychiatric
Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center
Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to provide clinical, educational and professional supervision for nursing and support staff for Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services at Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center. This individual will work under the direction of the contract manager and collaborate with mental health/medical leadership and other members of the multidisciplinary team to improve health care of incarcerated patients.
- Direct nursing staff as senior member of multidisciplinary treatment team, ensuring patient continuity of care by developing, implementing, evaluating, and supervising all nursing services and associated administrative and operational activities.
- Communicate with team members individually, at team meetings and with written documentation as needed
- Ensure that patient care orders are followed correctly and in compliance with federal, state, company, and facility, rules, policy, procedures, standards, regulations and statutes
- Plan and adjust work schedule of nursing and support staff within the facility or system consistent with allocated positions
- Monitor, review and evaluate performance of assigned nursing and support staff and submit written evaluations for all applicable personnel
- Supervise ordering, proper use and maintenance of medical supplies and equipment
- Assist with recruitment, employment, training, supervision, discipline, and performance appraisals of nursing personnel
- Communicate information about activities, unusual or unexpected events and problems to the contract management and Medical Director if applicable
- Must have a BSN
- Must hold valid Maryland RN license
- Must show current tuberculosis documentation and active CPR certification
- Must be able to pass background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable
- Progressive experience in nursing care with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in examining operations, formulating , developing, and implementing new strategies and procedures preferred
- Experience in a correctional, forensic or criminal justice environment preferred