MH Miles Company, CPA, PC Decatur, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
MH Miles Company, CPA, PC is a certified public accounting firm with offices in Decatur, Georgia, Douglasville, GA, and Washington, DC. Our firm and its affiliates consist of certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, management consultants, and support staff who have substantial experience in serving commercial concerns of all sizes, non-profit organizations, and governmental organizations. Our most important objective is to provide quality, efficient, professional personalized services to our clients. We specialize in providing services to four distinct industries: Transportation, Nutrition, Education, and Not-for-Profit.
MH Miles Company is hiring a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing complex accounting and maintaining the books for the firm. Your duties include leadership to guide bookkeeping personnel in daily tasks, reviewing financial data to make forecasting decisions and communicating with company Executives about financial strategies. The Senior Accountant requires a high-energy, self-directed, detail-oriented, and be an efficient communicator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software, requiring month-end closing and year-end close out.
- Ensures implementation of sound accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Comprehensive presentation of the company financials and related financial reports.
- Ensures accuracy of journal entries.
- Manages daily financial transactions.
- Manages A/P and A/R activities to include preparing, distributing, processing and recording client invoices.
- Prepares financial statements, including cashflow statements, for management and tax purposes.
- Reconciles sub ledger balances to general ledger accounts.
- Prepares account reconciliations and intercompany transactions.
- Performs a range of special accounting projects as needed.
- Responsible for invoicing on contracts.
- Oversees reporting on fixed assets (additions, disposals, and depreciation).
- Prepares annual depreciation.
- Performs bank reconciliations and reconciles bank and credit card statements.
- Reconciles general ledger to payroll tax reports.
- Manages company level licenses, certifications and insurance coverages.
- Manages contract periods and expiration dates.
- Provides recommendation for process improvements.
- Manages and supports Bookkeeping Services
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (required); Master's degree in Finance or Accounting (preferred)
- Minimum of 4-6 years of general ledger accounting experience (required)
- Expert in QuickBooks Enterprise
- Working knowledge of the “class” feature in QuickBooks Enterprise for the purpose of job costing.
- Must have a thorough understanding of T-accounts
- Experience working with government contracts a plus
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented, and deadline-oriented
- Must have strong oral, written, reading comprehension, listening, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change, take initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Good business sense; understands the 'big picture'
- Good time management skills
- Great computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task while remaining organized and thorough
- Professional demeanor, attitude & self-motivated
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Management and Leadership skills
- Bookkeeping staff and process management
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave & Holidays
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MH Miles Company, CPA, PCWhy Work Here?
"Small Enough to Care, Large Enough to Deliver"
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Finance and Insurance