To courteously handle all cash and credit card transactions, take phone orders and provide customers with a memorable experience.
- Ring up, process, and takes orders on the phone using the guest's name at all times.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to increase check average when applicable.
- Refers all unusual requests to supervisor for proper handling. No reasonable customer/guest request is to be denied.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of orders with kitchen servers.
- Processes all payments ie Room Charges, cash, credit card etc.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Menin rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Adhere to hotel safety standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
- Obtains and replaces issued bank each day; counts the bank and ensures it balances
- Prepares the proper reporting forms for the day with name, date, shift and outlet
- Stocks cashier station with proper supplies
- Ensures entire area is neat, clean, and in good order.
- Is thoroughly familiar with all menus, beverage and wine lists.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous cashier experience preferred
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Menin standards.