Senior Consultant (Education Solutions Group)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Education Solutions Group Full-time/Exempt
Our national, public sector consulting firm is seeking a Senior Consultant for our Education Solutions Group. The Senior Consultant will contribute to the group's subject matter expertise in a variety of fields within higher education and related fields. Responsibilities will include working closely with senior leadership and colleagues within the group while managing client deliverables and proposal development efforts.
- Facilitate/Lead client engagement tasks such as focus groups, strategic planning sessions, evaluation site visits, etc.
- Lead project strategy, deliverable planning, work plans, and status reports through entire project life cycle (from opportunity identification to project completion), by utilizing the internal project management software
- Oversee large scale collections of multi-faceted data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret data trends or patterns in complex sets of data using statistical methods (such as descriptive statistics, cross-tabulations, etc.) leveraging appropriate software or technology as needed
- Prepares clear and meaningful analyses of data
- Communicates and presents results of projects to client stakeholders
- Travels on-site for oral presentations throughout the bidding process, project delivery and concluding recommendations
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and beyond client expectations
- Assist in proposal development efforts and writing
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including Academic writing experience.
- Experience working and building relationships with client executives and with external stakeholders
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible to and adapt to the dynamic nature of multiple concurrent consulting engagements
- Ability to travel between 25-50% of the time, depending on the sales cycle and client needs
- PHD from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience using data collection and statistical research tools such as Qualtrics or SPSS required
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading experience. Academic style writing sample required.
- Five or more year (s) of quantitative and qualitative research experience or equivalent related experience
- Membership(s) with professional organization such as NACUBO, SCUP, NACAS and AIR preferred
- Experience with Mavenlink Software preferred
- Experience constructing and analyzing large scale databases and development of data models to support predictive analytics
- May be asked to complete a writing exercise during recruitment process
Position will report to the Higher Education Practice Leader/Vice President.
- Contacts are typically with the Managers, Directors, Senior Consultants, Consultants, other staff, various levels of leadership, clients, and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange analytical information and assigned deliverables
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is fast-paced and in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle stress related to handling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects, such as contract files, laptop
- Moderate travel and direct client interaction required on a project-by-project basis
- Travel demands vary based on client-organizations' needs and locations; may require overnight
MGT Consulting Group
BusinessView all jobs at MGT Consulting Group