Network Engineer (L1)
MGT Consulting Group Tuskegee, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Network Engineer (L1)
Tuskegee, Alabama, U.S.A
MGT Consulting Group is a national leader in public sector management consulting and services that delivers diverse business consulting services to a wide range of public sector groups. Celebrating its 45th year in 2019, the firm attracts exceptional talent and empowers them to exceed client expectations as they navigate the dynamic demands of public agency performance.
As part of our Technology Solutions Group (Cira Infotech), you will be working closely with our remote NOC team, while delivering services for one of our valuable customers in Tuskegee, AL. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining client relations through prompt responses to issues and tickets, assisting remote NOC with physical hands and eyes, reporting potential issues to senior management in a timely fashion.
If you are looking for a job that challenges you and gives you the opportunity to make an impact, where ideas are encouraged, and an entrepreneurial spirit is essential, then MGT Consulting may be the place for you.
- Provide first level phone and email technical support.
- Work with remote L2/L3 NOC engineers to resolve network connectivity issues.
- Provide hands and eyes support for remote L2/L3 engineers
- Prioritize and triage phone, email, and monitoring system incidents.
- Document all work performed in a highly detailed and accurate manner in the incident ticketing systems.
- Escalate relevant incidents to remote Tier II & III Engineering or Management based on complexity or time constraints.
- Assist and /or consult with Tier II or management to achieve company defined SLAs.
- Adheres to all special instructions and documented processes.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues such as connectivity (LAN and WAN), switching and routing.
- Respond to user connectivity issues relating to Network and Security infrastructure.
- Main network security inventory and hardware lifecycle.
- 2 years or more experience in Network Engineering
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Information Services
- CCNA or equivalent certification
- Understanding of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Routing & switching VLANs, 802.1q VTP, Spanning-Tree, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Thread features like IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot, Anti-Malware, etc.
- Understanding of common applications like Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, MS-SQL, SSH, Telnet, FTP, Radius, etc.
- Understanding of VOIP technologies like SIP, UCS, etc.
- Desktop or systems support experience.
- Experience working in NOC/SOC teams
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows servers is preferred.
- Firewall technologies like Palo Alto, SonicWall, etc.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the team.
MGT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
MGT Consulting Group
TechnologyView all jobs at MGT Consulting Group