SUPER-LOCAL CPA FIRM WITH OFFICES IN SF, SAN JOSE, AND THE PENINSULA.
We are still hiring tax professionals and offer salaries 10% above the market for quality professionals plus sign-on bonuses and relocation fees. Our clientele includes some of the biggest companies and wealthiest individuals in Silicon Valley.
In addition to promotional opportunities, we offer our employees benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) with a Company Match.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Associate to join our San Jose, Peninsula or SF Team. We recognize this position is a pivotal role to our client engagement teams while also being the daily point of contact for our clients. We strive to keep an innovative and creative environment, allowing our employees to flourish and advance in their careers.
- Prepare business and individual returns
- Research tax issues
- Recognize potential problems within engagements and discuss these with the manager or partner
- Prepare tax projections
- Prepare tax planning assignments
- Prepare other tax consulting projects, as needed
- Continue developing technical skills with emphasis on developing an area of expertise
- Communicate with supervisor regarding work-loads and project status
- Assist on other non-tax work in off-season such as financial statement compilations, reviews, and audits
- 2-4 years of tax experience in public accounting is required
- Bachelor’s in accounting required, Masters in Tax preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting including bookkeeping and journal entry preparation required
- CPA License or working towards obtaining CPA license is a plus
- Knowledge of CCH Prosystems is a plus
- International tax experience is a plus
- Tax provision experience is a plus