We have an opening for a temporary Budget Analyst for 6 month contract in San Carlos.
The Budget /Financial Analyst performs complex budget and financial analysis for the Finance and Administration Division.
Examples of Essential Functions:
· Performs budget and financial analysis, using budgeting and accounting concepts or techniques.
· Researches historical data and prepares budget and expense journals.
· Assists, proposes and recommends solutions based on research.
· Review and analyze year-over-year budget changes, historical and future trends and project budget assumptions
Examples of Duties:
Compile, interpret and analyze finance data such as budgets, encumbrances and expenses.
Review grant documentation to ensure that the fund set up is in compliance.
Process and analyze data in an electronic Enterprise Resource Planning database (ERP).
Provide operating and capital analysis for current budget year activities.
Process budget transfer requests.
Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Manager, Budgets, who establishes goals and objectives, monitors and evaluates performance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or closely related field plus three years full-time experience performing financial and/or budget analysis or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must have the ability to accurately analyze and evaluate data and draw logical conclusions.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (i.e. PeopleSoft) and be very proficient in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.