Speech Therapy Supervisor-SLP
MGA Homecare Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas, with a plan to grow into new states and markets.Job Description
The Therapy Supervisor reports to the Therapy Director and provides direct supervision to field staff therapists/assistants. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for working with the Therapy Director to ensure quality of care to patients and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise field therapists/assistants within discipline
- Orient new employees within discipline to agency and therapy policies
- Conduct supervisory visits with field staff upon initial hire and at least once every 180 days; and provide mentorship and supervision as needed to ensure clinical competency of therapists
- Assist with assignment of patients to therapists and help manage caseloads to meet patient and therapist needs
- Perform evaluations and treatment visits to maintain a caseload as set by the Therapy Director and to help build caseloads for field therapists/assistants as needed
- Review weekly therapy documentation for quality assurance and oversee plan of care compliance
- Help perform clinical interviews to provide discipline-specific insight for hiring of quality therapists
- Assist with Marketing, Recruiting, and Community education as requested and available
- Assist with corrective action plans and annual performance reviews of field staff
- Supervision of therapists as assigned by the Therapy Director
- Other duties as assigned and discussed with Therapy Director
- Help create 485’s, create and obtain orders, and audit therapy charts to maintain compliance with agency and state standards at the direction of the Therapy Director.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in an accredited Therapy discipline
- Current State License in good standing as an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Speech-Language Pathologist
- Current Driver’s license
- Clinical Certificate of Competency
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a licensed Therapist
- Minimum of 1-year pediatric experience
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Home health experience preferred
- Minimum 1-year of clinical interview experience
- Clinical expertise in the discipline and the ability to mentor others
- Current BLS/CPR accredited by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity
- Team builder and team player
- Hands-on Cases
- Can make up to $120k Annually
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HealthcareView all jobs at MGA Homecare